“Love this place!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Salem, Massachusetts
“Love this place!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love this place. Every time I go I get the Chicken Tikka Masala. So delicious. The staff are also great as well. They are so super friendly.

Visited May 2013

Peabody, Massachusetts
“Tasty Indian”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went to dinner at Passage to India last night.

We thought it was very tasty.

We got the Garlic Naan, I was actually a bit surprised to see they added cilantro...so beware if you're not a cilantro fan....

I got the Chicken Korma and my husband got the Chicken Tikka Masala. Mine was quite tasty, great spices in the sauce. My husbands was smokey....good, but we both thought mine was better.

Give it a try if you're looking for Indian...

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sarahfina_6
Montreal, Canada
“The only one in Salem”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Passage to India in the only Indian restaurent in the area. The food in great. INdian bread, chicken, beef or lamp in different kind of Indian sauce. The rice i also excellant.

Have a treat for yourself. Try it... You will love it.

• Visited May 2013
Munich, Germany
“Best for Indian cuisine on the north shore”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Passage to India has a lot going for it: little to no competition, a fantastic downtown location, an extensive menu, and ample room. All of these things wouldn't matter, however, if the quality of the food and service was poor.

Fortunately the quality of the food and the service is terrific. I have had Indian food in Boston and Cambridge but I think this Salem Restaurant is as good or better than any of them. I eat here every opportunity I get. And whether I chose to dine in or take out, I am consistently happy. It's a great place for vegetarians, paleos, and omnivores (tho not great for vegan).

Menu items that we frequently order and are always pleased with: palak paneer, vegetable marsala, vegetable and meat samosas, shrimp goa, onion naan. The most recent order had us bowled over at how tasty the tandoori mixed grill was.

It's worth noting that the place can get pretty busy and also that there is limited parking in the immediate area. If you are doing take out, a local tip is to park at the Dunkin Donuts across the street.

Boston
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

When this restaurant first opened, I went often and enjoyed it very much. Over the years though, the quality of the service has suffered and gone downhill. Yesterday, I went for an early supper, and two waiters were downright surly. The host had a scowl on. The gentleman who refilled my water glass was the only one around who approached me with a smile.

My paleek paneer was "off" also. Leftover from lunch? I could also hear someone coughing heartily in the kitchen, which did not contribute to my appetite.

It's too bad because this restaurant has enjoyed much success, but if you want to better dining experience, visit their restaurant in Newburyport where you are treated much better, and they are appreciative of your patronage.

• Visited March 2013