“Wonderful Surprise”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
“Wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Driving through Salem around noon needing a place to eat. Happened to walk by this restaurant and saw the Tripadvisor badge on the door. Saw the menu for sandwiches, salads and soup. After looking at menu and lots of options that sounded good, we each picked a half sandwich and a salad. Both of our meals were GREAT, and they were large enough servings we could have split and had more than enough for a nice light lunch. VERY reasonably priced. Absolutely would recommend and will return, if we get back this way again.

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great sandwich shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

While seeing the sites in Salem one day with out of town guests, I ventured into Kushco for a quick lunch. That decision proved to be one of the best ones of the day! The menu is extensive and very eclectic. There were so many intriguing soup/salad/sandwich/wrap selections to choose from! The sandwiches and salads that we finally decided upon were nothing short of excellent! Fresh tasty, ingredients prepared artfully at a reasonable price. The service was friendly as well, as they were quite patient with us as we deliberated on what to order. I really wish this place was closer to home, as I would be a frequent patron for sure. If you are looking for a quick, inexpensive meal in Salem, look no further than Kushco.

1 Thank RPMNashua_NH
Chicago, Illinois
“Good eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was in Salem for a wedding, and rented a condo across the street from Kushco. Went there for a quick lunch, ordered the chicken portobello mushroom sandwich and chicken lemon soup. The soup was delicious and the sandwich was the best sandwich I've ever eaten. I went back the next day and had the same thing, and it was just as delicious. The sandwich is huge, definitely enough for 2 people. The girls at the counter are lovely. If I ever get back to Salem I will definitely go back there. The salads are also outstanding.

Salem, Massachusetts
“Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Cafe Kushco has great frozen yogurt and amazing sandwiches. I haven't gone there as much as I would like to, but from what I've had there it's a good place to go!

Visited April 2013
Salem, Massachusetts, United States
“Yogurt is great. Food is above average.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Frozen yogurt is great! Other foods were above average. Nestled in downtown Salem among lots of good eateries!

Visited October 2012