“Great Way for a Day Trip to Salem from Boston”
Review of Salem Ferry

Salem Ferry
Ranked #8 of 83 things to do in Salem
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After comparing the train and ferry, we decided to take the ferry from Boston at 9:30am and return to Boston at 4:00pm. Since the ferry leaves from Long Wharf, we are able to walk there from our hotel. The ferry was on time both ways and it is a very comfortable and relaxing trip between the two city.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We took the 4 PM ferry to Boston and had a lovely ride in gorgeous weather. A perfect summer afternoon on the water. Dinner in the North End and a return sunset cruise at 8PM. Really a perfect afternoon. Parking at the ferry dock in Salem is free and plentiful. Lots of fun.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We recently stayed in Salem and decided to visit Boston via the Salem Ferry to avoid driving and parking nightmares. Great decision. We had a beautiful 1-hour trip into Boston landing by the aquarium. Short walk to Quincy market. Took the 10 am ferry returning on the 5:30 pm. Ride back was even more enjoyable as the sun was starting to set and the views of the city skyline were beautiful. Recommend you take a trolley tour. We took City view and spent 1 hour on board seeing sights with great commentary from our driver...vacation vinnie who was a real comedian. Great day out...

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a must if you are in Boston or in Salem. Every time I go to my home town in Salem to visit, I choose to take the Ferry, not only because I dont know my way around Boston to drive anymore but because its fun and its alot cheaper than parking a car in town. It takes you from Salem right to the heart of Boston where Fanuel Hall and the North end are walking distance. You can also pick up the train if you need to get to another part of town.
There has been occasions where it was out of service and I was disappointed, but I was on vacation so moving a day around was not that big of a deal. I could also take the train if I really needed to get there.
Rob was my bartender 4 times this July. He was personable, courteous and very accomidating. He knew be my name and was like an old friend. I hope to see him again next year. The whole staff is wonderful and helpful.
I highly recomend it.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We took the Salem Ferry into Boston which was a fun, easy and stress free way of travel. We wanted to spend a day in Boston but didn't wan to drive, and the train didn't sound relaxing. We were able to walk to the harbor area and get right on the ferry. The ferry drops you off by the aquarium and within easy walking distance from the freedom trail and other sites in Boston. There are many different times to go and return making it a very convenient and fun unique experience.

Been to Salem Ferry? Share your experiences!