“Salem Ghost? Tour”

$16.00*
and up
Ranked #3 of 31 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Spellbound Tours is one of the oldest and most reputable tours in Salem. Their nightly tours cover the history of the most haunted places in Salem and their own experiences investigating them. Spellbound is the the only tour company in Salem that has actually done paranormal investigation in all the sites they visit. Take a trip through the dark side of Salem’s sinister past, to the actual locations of the infamous witch trials! Expect to be amazed by the large amount of documented Paranormal Activity! Visit real haunted locations, including what may be the most haunted cemetery in the country! Hear tales of vampirism- historic and today! Do real, live Vampires still lurk in the shadows of the this seaport town?! Discover the mysterious secrets of voodoo, the startling root of the Salem Witch Hysteria!
Concord, New Hampshire
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Salem Ghost? Tour”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I don't want to be too harsh here, it's a fine city tour with some interesting stories. The price is reasonable and the stories interesting. We took an 8pm tour with Mike, and our expectation was that we'd visit haunted sites in Salem, hear stories of investigations and maybe get some tips about ghost hunting. I guess we got that. I think that for me the presentation was less than stellar. Mike has a good voice, but it all sounded canned, memorized. He also several times criticized the other tours taking place (I get that some may be less factual or whatever) but this seemed unprofessional. He also openly asked for gratuity in a way that just rubbed me wrong. It may have just been a personality thing.

The tour itself had interesting stories, and he did a good job of explaining why each stop was on the route. He ended it by showing some photos taken in the past that showed anomalies that could have been ghostly but we didn't see or capture anything of note. It was all right, but I can't help but wonder how it really compares to the other paranormal tours advertised.

Pawtucket, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sara the tour guide was awesome!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went there this past Sunday night with a group of friends and the way she spoke really intrigued you. This was my first time in Salem and first tour experience and at the end pictures are shown of really freaky stuff they have caught on camera. I would highly recommend it.

1 Thank Sue M
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Informative look into the paranormal”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Enjoyed the tour, the guide was informative and open, you wouldn't have known about the sites unless told. Very glad I went on this tour!

Wyoming, Pennsylvania
“Fun and Informative Tour”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Did this tour on Oct 22nd and I loved every second of it! We gathered at 8pm and the tour lasted 90min, which for the money and the information we got and the photo opportunities was well worth it! Mike was our guide and I could have listened to his stories and history of Salem for hours! I would recommend this tour to anyway and it is for all ages!

Burke, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spooky, fun and informative ghost tour!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Took the Vampire, voodoo and ghost tour on 10-19 and highly recommend to anyone, all ages. Did my research on tours I wanted to take and this one really filled the bill with the right mix of history, ghost stories, trivia and intrigue. Our guide showed us creepy "ghost photos" at the end of the tour which encouraged my husband and I to go back to the cemetery to take our own photos. There were so many orbs in the dark pictures of the graveyard we took you would have thought it was snowing! If you are not a believer in ghosts or the supernatural, you will be after this tour! Like our guide said, be careful of the ghosts who follow you home--I keep looking over my shoulder for the ghost of the Sheriff Corwin of Salem!

1 Thank Dusterk

Been to Spellbound Tours? Share your experiences!