“Incredible Food, not to be missed!”
Review of The Old Spot - CLOSED

The Old Spot
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2008

We were a little skeptical because they advertise in all the tourist flyers and they're right off the main drag in Salem.

One look at the menu and I had to go in, the kitchen is run by someone who likes to eat. We ordered the Cheddar Chips (french fries covered in white chedder, topped with green onions and served with a side of gravy and curry cream) Not heart healthy, but very Yummy! In order to save for our lunch we only finished about half the appetizer and then our lunch came.

My husband ordered the reuben and the corned beef had to be made in house (I didn't ask, but it was too good to be packaged) And there was a HUGE amount of meat on his sandwhich, he had a hard time finishing it. I orderd the "Very" slow roasted pork which was amazingly flavorful and tender. It would barely stay on the fork. And if you order it, plan to share it, I swear there was at least a pound of pork on my plate.

If you are a beer drinker you won't be disappointed, lots of variety on tap. We sat at the bar -- they are not shy with the liquor pours either so if mixed drinks are more your style, you'll be pleased.

Staff was super friendly -- we even went back for a late dinner (onion soup -- AMAZING, and fish and chps -- very good) as we were only in town one day and we liked the atmosphere so much. It has a very charming British Pub feel.

Reviewed October 8, 2008

First of all, the newly remodeled pub is comfy and stylish. There are throw pillows and cushioned seats all around.

I ordered the pulled pork sandwich that came out with bits of swiss cheese melting throughout it on a buttered marbled rye bread. YUM. Their sweet potato fries were good as well. If you're into a juicy pork sandwich - this is the best I've ever had.

My husband had the chowder, which was very good as well. Good consistancy.

Check plus for The Old Spot! We will definately be going here again if we make it back to Salem.

Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stopped here on our first day in Salem, had such a great experience, we had to stop again on our last day. The chowder is the best in the area, and that is saying a lot. The beer menu is wonderful. i was able to drink several beers new to me, without doing one twice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Patiently answered any questions about the beer and menu items, and made suggestions that were spot on. When I go back to Salem, I will go back here first.

2  Thank Jpowelly
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Better than you'd expect any pub 2 b.
Interesting menu with a good selection of English pub fare.
The specials r always quite good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 27, 2007

my favorite salem brunch or dinner spot. get the ploughman's lunch. Great beer and wine selection. good service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook