“Great Local Pub”

The Old Spot
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is my favorite local pub in Salem. Friendly atmosphere, a wide selection of excellent beers, comfortable and cozy seating, and a free dart board to play on. Staff is always very friendly and laid back, and the few times I have eaten dinner here I have been very happy with the food as well.

There are newer reviews for The Old Spot

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Having lived in London for a spill, I feel right at home here! It fills with locals during the peak hours. The waiters and bartenders are super friendly. It has a cozy, British feel inside (the pillow covered benches won me over from my first visit). It's my go to place if I have to meet someone in the Salem area and everyone is always pleasantly surprised. My meal suggestion - the Old Spot Meat Pie (hot out of the oven, homemade mashed potatoes, filling...overall absolutely delicious)....they make a mean Pims to go with it as well! Whether its a night out on the town or a light lunch while visiting tourist attractions, you can't go wrong with the Old Spot.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Trip advisor you were right again. Ran into locals that were the nicest people. The bartender was on spot. Food was good.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We found this place through Groupon, but we will be back. We enjoyed our meals. It's a good choice for dinner or a lighter bar-type meal. We will be back. Parking on street is a bit difficult, but you can park down the street for 25 cents an hour.

1  Thank falmouth3
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went here with a friend to grab a bite before attending a lecture at the Peabody Essex Museum on a cold and rainy night. Its proximity to the museum is excellent, and the ambience is quaint and cozy. The service was very good and the menu quite eclectic. My friend had the haddock sandwich, we split the french onion soup, and I had the chicken salad. All were well above average. I strongly recommend The Old Spot if you're in Salem!