“Great Salem Restaurant”

The Old Spot
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was our first time to The Old Spot Restaurant and will not be our last ! This is a very comfortable, cozy and very pleasant restaurant - reflecting the historic nature of Salem. Friendly wait staff, serving delicious and well prepared meals - good choice of beers. We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing evening and never felt rushed - but very welcomed. This is a "must" when you visit Salem either for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank cjhkch
There are newer reviews for The Old Spot

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stop't at lunch with my husband and toddler. It was not crowded and the place was very cozy.
We order sandwiches and they were (WOW) so GOOD! I will definitely go there to eat again when we go back to visit Salem.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

At the recommendation of the owner of the B&B we were staying at, my husband and I stopped here for lunch. We had been told that it was a small place and that we MIGHT have to wait for a table...but that the wait would be worth it. And it was! We both had the pulled pork sandwich on marble rye with fries and it was delicious! The staff was friendly and the service was surprisingly very good considering that they had 3 servers on duty and a PACKED restaurant. Would we go there again? Most definitely!!!!!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had a fantastic dinner here the week of Thanksgiving. Great cozy atmosphere. The food is delicious. We had the pretzels & cheese to start. I was expecting a melted cheese but this was not (see pictures) so I was unsure about it but that quickly became one of our favorite things! What flavor! You had to sort of spread it on the warm pretzels but it was amazing!
I had the pulled pork sammie with sweet potato fries, my son the Reuben with fries and my husband a Burger. Everything was delicious and satisfying. We each had to take half our dinners home. The pretzels were filling! The staff as friendly and service was great. Food came quickly. A great cozy place on a really cold night!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Half-priced appetizers on Monday, delicious pretzels and a good beer list. My wife and I go here often for a true pub experience.