“Nice place to stay to site see in Salem.”
Review of Clipper Ship Inn

Clipper Ship Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was more than satisfied with my stay. The people there are extremely nice and knowledgable of the sites to see. My only complaint, the tv was small with no guide. Lol... Who watches tv on a site seeing trip anyway, right.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I have been staying at the Clipper Ship Inn in Salem since 1987. The rooms are always clean, the staff has always been accommodating and we have NEVER had a bad stay here. It is close to all the historical sights in Salem and we would never stay anywhere else.

Bruce & Family

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I have stayed several times. Friendly staff. The rooms are always very clean and smell great. Always very quiet, and peaceful. Stayed with my daughter and grandson and it was close to the places we enjoy like restaurants, parks, and historical sights. We chose this area originally because my husband spent many happy times visiting relatives that grew up in the area. We come here every August and Martin Luther King weekend. Cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shirley g
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Twice, I have spent extended stays. Twice, I was treated very well! Restaurants and Pubs are very close. Always something to do in Salem, Ma. The chamber maids are on it! Paying by the week is the way I chose, making it easier for everyone involved.

Room Tip: The 3 room suites in the new building are the way to go.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tony R
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited Salem for one day, arriving at the inn by taxi from the Beverly Airport. We were received efficiently and professionally. The lady spent a lot of time explaining to us where to find the attractions in Salem and which ones were the best value, given our limited timeframe. The rooms were a bit Spartan, but completely serviceable. The coffee on our balcony was a nice touch. Even though checkout time was 11:00 am, we were allowed to leave our bags in the office so that we were able to walk around the town for the day unencumbered.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just returned from our trip July 2013. We were not very happy with the room and very disappointed with the service. The room was clean, but the beds were very uncomfortable. As for the service I reserved the room for 3 nights about a month ahead. We were told that we could cancel 48 hours before the date. We got to the area and checked in early the first day and I asked if I could cancel the 3rd night stay. I was told that I couldn't cancel the last night stay. We had to pay for the 3 nights. They said that they held the room for us. The two nights we stayed there was only about 4 rooms rented out. I think they could have at least taken some of the money off. I would not stay here ever again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was the last of the eight hotels/motels we stayed in during our recent trip to the Eastern US seaboard, and it was the only one that was truly disappointing. The reception office was a mess - it looked like they were moving but that was not the case. The staff were generally indifferent, the standard of the rooms was below par - bathroom fixtures missing, no toilet paper, TV remote not working - and the location was further off the tourist track than the brochure led one to believe.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jill D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Boston Marriott Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan

Been to Clipper Ship Inn? Share your experiences!