“Ship shape lodging”

Ranked #9 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Brockton, Massachusetts
“Ship shape lodging”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this Inn several times and have always had a pleasant experience. The rooms are neat and clean. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the area and quick to recommend a restaurant or spot of interest. And the location is close enough to the downtown area of Salem (about a mile) that you can walk. Also, the rates are very reasonable for Salem which can be pricey to stay in the city itself. Its fun to try to spot the Inn's resident black cat, Salem, while you stay there too!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CrystalN320

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Rochester, Ny
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Reasonable rates for Salem. Very clean from court-yard, to office, to room. Able to make coffee and tea in the room is a plus. Check-in was fast by making rfeservation ahead of time.
Very nice motel to stay at if visiting Salem, MA.

Room Tip: Make reservations ahead of visit.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank romig108
North Bergen, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My best friend and I went to Salem in Oct 2012 for the first time. We picked the Clipper Ship Inn. It was a great expereince. Suzanne explained everything to us when we got there. She was very friendly and informative. Also gave us tips on our way around Salem. The room was clean and had no problems. At night, it was very quiet, and we both felt completely safe. There are good locks on the door. Since the Witch City is not that close to the Clipper Ship Inn, there is a taxi available. The taxi that brought us to Salem was only $5.00 and they came fast to pick us up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LadyDiana M
Waterloo,Iowa
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here March 30th through April 6th 2013 and this was our second stay here.The staff was very friendly and actually met us at our room after we checked in to insure we had everything we needed.Our room was cleaned daily by Barbra who would always stop to chat for a minute when she would see us leaving for the day and we always came back to a clean room that was well stocked with soap,shampoo and a very nice coffee selection for the Keurig coffee maker in the room.Some of the restaraunts across the street offer a 10% discount to guests here.This is by far the most affordable hotel in Salem by far and is very close by to all of the attractions in Salem and the train depot which goes into Boston.I reccomend this hotel to anybody looking for a quiet,affordable,clean place to stay while visiting the North Shore of Boston

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stenny1963
Sanbornville, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the Clipper Ship Inn at Halloween and again this past weekend. I loved it. My suite was clean and came with a kitchenette. Whenever I needed something like extra coffee or directions they were so helpful. The bathroom was spotless with a large tub that I thoroughly enjoyed. This will be my go to whenever I am in the area visiting. Price is very reasonable. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Roberta D
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I loved loved loved my stay in Salem! It was great! We stayed over Halloween Happenings at Clipper Ship Inn! It was within distance of all attractions, clean, comfy and inviting! And it is affordable! Going back again this year!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank BrigetteR83
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Going back this year and wont stay anywhere else! Reasonable prices, good proximity to attractions and safe! Cant wait to go back to this Inn. There is also a restaurant within walking distance and a Dunkin Donuts. My first choice for places to stay in Salem!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Beez83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
Boston Marriott Peabody

Been to Clipper Ship Inn? Share your experiences!