“The service and staff treated us so well that we thought we were in a five star hotel.”

Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My recent stay was for my cousins wedding. From start to finish, everything was done to perfection. The staff couldn't do enough for us.

The location is wonderful as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. It was also a fantastic place for a wedding. The food was execellent.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank dcolegrove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We have stayed here twice now for overnights. Both times were very comfortable, no problems, courteous and pleasant people and a newer, nicely-appointed facility. Good prices during the times we stayed. Great location for going to the Peabody-Essex Museum, which is itself a great experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank UThule
Revere, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I enjoy our stay room was great, location great and the staff and service was outstanding.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tc1918
Swampscott, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I are wedding photographers, We were asked to photograph a wedding on 2.12.11 at the Salem waterfront. Since we live close by we didnt book a room with the hotel. After being at the wedidng for a few hours we decided it would be best to stay, then came the sad news that they were completely booked for the night :( good for them bad for us! but to my suprise witho=in an hour they had a cancelation and the staff went out of there way to search for me to tell me that they had a room for me and had it all set up! I couldnt believ the customer service that they offered me! I will from now on tell everyone I know getting married and traveling to salem that THIS is the hotel that they need to stay at!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank amandarstevens
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I know it doesn't sound like a glowing review, but trust me I was very excited to find the Salem Waterfront Hotel when I wanted to stay in downtown Salem but did not want to wake up in a creepy doll house (aka bed and breakfast). I like the B&B idea, but I will never understand why they all have to be so darn frilly. I wanted a nice, clean, accessible, slightly luxurious hotel for a one night stay, and the Salem Waterfront Hotel provided just that. It's walkable from the Commuter Rail, which is key. I do think in the dead of winter the room prices should be more discounted; $135/night was the cheapest room. Granted, it was a nice room, but we did not get any of the benefit of being centrally located in Salem during sunny summer. We didn't do breakfast there, so can't comment on that, although it's nice that it's offered. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank richarddustin
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Richarddustin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are certainly glad that you chose to stay with us out of the other numerous Bed & Breakfasts and Hotels that call Salem home. We hope that you decide to come back to Salem when we have dug ourselves out of the 50+ inches that Mother Nature has brought our way and enjoy our central location to all of the attractions and amenities that our great city has to offer!

The Salem Waterfront Team!
Lynn, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed in the junior suite one night to celebrate our 35th anniversary. The room was immaculate, warm, and very comfortable. I pre-ordered a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberry's, which they delivered to our room. The indoor heated pool was quite refreshing. There are many excellent restaurants in the area, and we chose to the nearby Bella Verona, which was great. The next morning, we enjoyed breakfast in the Regatta Pub. Every staff person we met was very friendly and helpful, and we highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BillAndTina
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Bill and Tina,

Thank you so much for your kind review of your stay with us! This is truly the experience that we strive to provide each and every guest. We were so excited that you choose to spend your special anniversary with us! We certainly hope to see you soon!!

Best regards,

Jonathan Arruda
Assistant General Manager
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We were awoken at 4 am for the hotel to plow the parking lot one day after a snow storm. The trucks were outside our window for over 1 hour and half.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Christine,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in early January. Unfortunately, New England is experiencing one of the worst Winter seasons on record. We have a dedicated snow team who works around the clock to ensure all of our walkways are clear and our parking lot is taken down to the pavement. We have brought your experience to our Engineering Department and we are currently reviewing our snow removal process.

Regards,

The Salem Waterfront Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!