Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
$299
$144
Courtyard
$189
Wylie Inn and Conference Center(Beverly)(Great Value!)
$143
Motel 6
Econo Lodge(Danvers)
TripAdvisor
1,759 results
All reviewsregatta pubfront deskindoor pooljunior suitewithin walking distanceperfect locationhousekeeping staffking bedfree parkingnorth shorenew englandlobbypitsattractionsryanweddingipads
Reviewed September 17, 2010

The Salem Waterfront Hotel is located in a convenient, central location. I'm sure most of their rooms are nice but because we used Orbitz to reserve our room, we were given a horrible room next to the VERY noisy ice machine. I mean REALLY noisy. When we asked about another room, we were told that there weren't any available. This was 6PM on a Wednesday evening. The clerk at the desk finally agreed that the room WAS noisy and that she had one more room available. We were moved to the next room down, right next to the very loud elevators! They were slightly better than the ice machine....sigh! People checked in after us but we found out they had reserved through the hotel, hence the "better" rooms were available for them.
At no time in our two night stay did anyone smile at us or ask us upon check-out how our stay was. The clerks were clearly not a happy bunch. This is not a reflection upon the wonderful, friendly citizens of Salem.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

A friend and I were traveling to Salem for a ladies weekend away. We stayed in the Salem Waterfront Hotel for one night and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable. The lobby was beautiful and the people at the front desk were very helpful.

The hotel is located by the water which we loved and within walking distance to everything

I would definitely recommend this hotel when staying in Salem.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sturgis18
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We were staying here for a medical conference which began each day at 7am. Meanwhile, on Friday night the hotel booked a wedding and since our room was directly over the ballroom, we had to endure the very loud vibrations of the bass and the booming voice of the deejay until 11:30. On Saturday night the front desk told us that the music would only last until 10pm, but when I called down I was told it would continue until 11pm. They were unable to relocate us to an alternate room and they offerred no real apology until we confronted them in the morning. We were told that the hotel was under new management. Just beware that the hotel is not concerned about their overnight guests. Many of our neighbors on our floor were as irate as we were.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Kris292
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. It was clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we asked for directions. I like to eat where the "locals" do and we were not disappointed when the staff gave us their favorite restaraunts.
The hotel is in the perfect location to walk all over the historic part of Salem and we never moved our car. Free parking too.
The restaraunt in the hotel was pricey for breakfast. Once was enough. Try Red's instead, for a fabulous breakfast at a reasonable price -about 5 blocks away.

This is my 6th trip to Salem in the past 20 years. I have stayed in a few places, including B&Bs. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HowellHousewife
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stayed here part of the time during my wedding weekend. The rooms themselves were respectable and pleasant. I slept well. Our wedding guests who stayed here reported similar experiences.

Dealing with the front desk before and after was a different story. The desk and office staff often gave conflicting us conflicting answers to us as well as our guests. The personal service at the front desk was much nicer, which makes it hard to understand why they were so hard to work with.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family