“Great Place !!!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
massachusetts
“Great Place !!!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My review is a little late however I just wanted to say that I make sure at least once a year I come to this hotel. I love the location but the rooms themselves are so cozy and comfortable and clean. I am very picky when it comes to hotel cleanliness and feel perfectly comfy here. The little pub downstairs is perfect when u don't feel like going out. You can just park your car and walk to everything.

Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank kloMassachusetts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
new york
Reviewed June 7, 2010

When I checked in I had my doubts - I will say that. It was the night before my wedding and there was a slight issue with my room - though the front desk guy Anthony was more than accommodating. He turned a potential nightmare into such a great experience. We loved everything about this guy, if there is one thing I can say about this property is he is amazing. All of my brides maids and family took pictures with him we loved him so much! He took the time to point out the best dinner places, sights to see and sights not to see as well as made us all laugh! He really made our experience perfect! We had guest stay at the Hawthorne but they were disappointed when they saw this property! New Fresh Clean and FUN! Thank you Anthony

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spigirl220
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We love this place Jamie and Anthony went above and beyond call of duty. I rated this place 5 stars. I work for MGM- Mirage for the last 9 years. Thank you for our wonderful stay. We had a clean and spotless room. Everything was fantastic. Great Views. The Breakfast was incredible.. Thanks again. Travis and Angela .Las vegas

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flowers95
UK
Reviewed April 30, 2010

and not spooky!

The hotel is very well located in the centre of Salem with ample parking spaces for guests. The rooms were spacious, modern and tastefully deorated. The hotel bar was also very nice with a younger crowd atmosphere.

Previously we read a number of negative reviews but this hotel exceeded our expectations.

Recommended!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Soho_Travellers
North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I'm staying in the hotel as we speak. I would give it five stars IF they had used something besides brown and tan colors in the rooms. They're very large (have one with two queens ... still plenty of room left over!) The decor is very gloomy ... BUT the beds are wonderfully comfy, the baths very large and modern, everything very clean. I DON'T like the deoderizer being used that smells like a service station bathroom as you walk into the hotel (note to a previous reviewer ... that isn't fresh flowers you smell!)

The pool is immaculately clean, and has lots of towels, the front desk very helpful ... every single person on there. The Regatta Pub is GREAT! We ate breakfast there ... the BEST coffee and delish chocolate chip pancakes, then had supper there tonight ... very good salads ... both Cobb and Caesar, great French Onion Soup, Clam Chowder, chicken tenders, and a sweet, welcoming, attractive blonde bartender ... who allowed our party of four to play UNO in there after we ate our dinner. It was great, listening to jazz, playing cards, looking at the city lights out the front windows of the pub.

If they'd add some color to the rooms some way, i.e., colorful artificial flowers, ivory drapes, something to lighten the decor (Looks like rooms UPS designed!) and get rid of the deoderizer, I'd give this place 5 stars in a flash. I will definitely stay here when I come back to Salem though!!!

Free wi-fi all over ... we had three laptops running in our room at once, and free parking in their lot. Great place ... but no fridge or microwave or luggage racks (odd?)

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ArabellaA.
St. Louis MO
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This place is simply the best! My best friend and I came to Salem as part of our spring break road trip. When you walk into the hotel you are immediatly smacked with the scent of fresh flowers. The decor is simply beautiful! It reminded me of the Four Seasons. The front desk staff was simply fabulous. We talked about all of the local attractions, she gave us advice on where to eat and shop, and we also recieved a free uprgrade to queen size beds! The hotel is really easy to get to and is walking distance to everything in salem. Free parking was also a huge plus!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank layne4120
nh
Reviewed March 15, 2010

rooms are big and filled with dark, modren furiture. bathroom is roomy and has granite. good amenities. great pub, food and service. only complaint-the wall paper is to dark for the room, makes it look gloomy. but then again, this is salem

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank binxme8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!