“Weekend in Salem”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Florida
“Weekend in Salem”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I spent a few days in Salem. I have family that live nearby and staying here is close to them. We have stayed here before many times. The rooms are nice and there are several sized floor plans to choose from. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. There is an indoor pool and weight room. This hotel is walking distance to other restaurants, historic areas and shops.

Room Tip: Go for the 2 room suite. There is plenty of room for families.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank exfedup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
East Lyme, Connecticut
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have stayed at the Salem Waterfront numerous times and have just come to write this review. My visit was last week. Every time I visit Salem I debate on trying some place new, but I can't. The Salem Waterfront has a great atmosphere, easy access to local dining, and a great staff. I have noticed that the pub has really come to life and has a beautiful patio with awesome fire pits. The menu is pretty kid friendly which is also a plus. Cheers to them for really making my stay worth while this time around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ellie L
sandwich mass
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at the Salem waterfront hotel over this passes week... AMAZING. The only thing that stopper a 5***** tauting was the beds, time to upgrade. They are hard, springy and just down right old :/ if not for this I would have nothing bad to say. The service on the other hand deserves a 100000!!!! From the entire front desk staff to the onsite pub and everyone in between, fantastic. Check in is at 3 but we had a room ready for us at 12 and check in was a breeze! We had 2 cars and were asked to park one in the offsite lot, don't wanna walk back?? They have golf carts to give ypi rides in. So cool. We could have parked both cars in that lot because we never needed the car. Everything (I mean EVERYTHING) is in walking distance. We were here for a wedding so we didn't have a Ton of free time to do the whole tourist thing.

The rooms are large and bathrooms are big as well. They supply you with great shampoo and conditioner, toothpaste and even bottles of h2o. Forget your toothbrush? They have those too among other things, my scatter brain fiancée forgot his deodorant and they even had that, only men's though???? Kinda strange. The rooms are really clean and the AC was cool (no pun intended)

The onsite pub was FANTASTIC for breakfast and so so for lunch , kind of slow and we were the only ones in at the time, once the food came out it was good, not great, and kind of overpriced $13(ish) for 2 tiny fish tacos but the cob salad made up for it and it was almost to pretty to eat. Service was stellar to say the least. Breakfast is extremely convienent, food was great and the value was very reasonable. We had Meagan on both days and she truely started our day off on a good note. She suggested the daily special which was a lobster Benedict and we both got it, loved it and almost licked the plate clean... YUM YUM YUMMY. She was extremely busy Monday morning but didn't miss a beat
Huge asset to your establishment.
Thank you Salem waterfront hotel for your amazing hotel, staff and hospitality. Being from less than 2 hours away we will be back this summer to do The whole tourist thing and we will stay here!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank saweeeeet
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The short: Beautiful views, close to shopping and historical locations, clean rooms, wonderful staff. The hotel restaurant/pub is also great, with wonderful food (the fish and chips and fish tacos are musts) and amazing service.

The long: Found this hotel online when we decided to make a spontaneous trip to Salem. The pictures online looked nice, and we loved the idea of staying near the harbor. From the moment we arrived, the service has been amazing, and the accommodations outstanding. We had a small problem with our first room's air conditioner not functioning correctly, but the staff was incredibly friendly and prompt with moving us to another room, including moving our suitcases for us so we wouldn't be troubled. Ryan and Brie at the desk have been wonderful about questions we had, going out of their way to find us things we were looking for, and then getting those things up to our rooms. The food in the pub is superb; we've had Becky and Dave (David Gorynski) as servers, and they were both great about remembering our preferences. Dave especially has been wonderfully accommodating, telling us the best places for sight-seeing and shopping, and even took time to drive us down the road to a store we wanted to visit. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough; I'm actually very sorry to leave, and I hope to get back soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank kaytikat
Charlton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Three times to the Salem area on business and 3 times to The Salem Waterfront Hotel… wouldn’t stay anywhere else. The hotel offers spacious, clean rooms as well as a comfy restaurant and lounge. It’s located within walking distance to numerous restaurants, shops and entertainment. I feel safe inside and outside of the hotel and would recommend staying here whenever possible. The staff was always friendly and welcoming, especially for Sandy, the night shift front desk manager. She made me feel at home and made sure I started the day with a smile. Plan on visiting the front desk between 11pm – 7am to meet Sandy, you’ll make a friend for life.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank cindy w
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 9, 2014

As a local resident, I have needed a hotel a few times over the years for parties or special events. I LOVE this hotel because of the exceptional customer service, convenient and walkable location, and comfortable rooms. If you are visiting Salem for any reason, I would highly recommend you stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Winddiva
Webster, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

While visiting Salem for a long weekend we stayed at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. The location is perfect for walking around Salem. The hotel staff was terrific. I arrived early and wasn't expecting to get a room before 3 but they took my phone number and called as soon as a room was available. The rooms are nice and clean. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Laura L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Rockport Inn and Suites
Rockport Inn and Suites
#3 of 6 in Rockport

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!