“Very Pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Salem
Mashpee, Massachusetts
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed for our son's wedding along with a number of friends and relatives and also used the facilities for the rehearsal dinner. The buffet dinner was perfect as the wedding party was huge and there were a few out-of-town guests. We had our own room complete with bartender and the food was just right. Service was excellent as well.

The staff of the hotel was also very accommodating as well, especially in addressing any of our requests. THere was a slight mix-up with our bill, but it was straightened out immediately once we realized it. The staff remembered us and made us feel very welcomed. Would stay there again in a heartbeat - within walking distance to many restaurants and shops.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PatMegB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I and Friends have been staying at the Salem Waterfront Hotel for several years in October. The staff is friendly and
makes you feel welcome. It is located in the heart of everything within
walking distance.

Room Tip: the fourth floor have some larger rooms. Rooms near the elevator seem to hear sounds of guest if t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nickey1019
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

2nd stay at this comfortable and lively hotel. Large rooms with cozy beds. Hot cider, coffee and cookies in lobby, always a nice touch. We got the bed and breakfast rate, and the onsite restaurant was mediocre for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sherman220
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is nicely located,clean and helpful staff. We had a junior suite which was spacious but beds were not particularly comfortable or competitive with what any chain hotel offers. I am not familiar with the area so don't know if other hotels in the area are better. Ate dinner at The Hawthorne which seemed quite nice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IndianaTravelmom
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We just returned from 5 nights at the Salem waterfront over the Christmas holiday in order to visit with family. We were so very pleased with the accommodations and especially the service at this hotel. December is not exactly a hot bed of activity in Salem, so we got a great rate. The room was very large, much bigger than I expected, which was great for the 3 of us and all of our stuff (not to mention xmas gifts, etc.) The beds were OK, but I wish they had full size pillows. (We asked for extras but they were still tiny and not that comfortable). The staff was excellent. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful and accommodating. I always feel badly when people have to work on a holiday, but everyone on staff was friendly and seemingly enjoying working on the holiday(!) We got room service breakfast a few times, and it was OK, you are better off at one of the local restaurants of which there are several. They did not have oatmeal (except instant), which kind of bummed me out since I love hot oatmeal and most hotels make it so well...they might consider adding that to their menu! The hotel is very centrally located to all the Salem sites. I would not hesitate to stay here again (and I think this will become our go-to hotel every Christmas!)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sueytraveler
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at the Salem Waterfront recently to be near a sick relative, and for the two weeks I was there, it became my home away from home. I had a junior suite, which included a microwave and fridge. The room was immaculate and comfortable, with a very comfortable couch and a big TV. I was two minutes away from several fantastic restaurants, and in a great area to walk and stretch my legs at the end of the day. The best part of my stay was the warmth and caring that the staff exuded- everything I needed was taken care of immediately and without fuss. I developed an obsession with the room service breakfast- they made the best breakfast sandwich and roasted potatoes that I have ever had, seriously (and reasonably priced).

Room Tip: Junior suite was a great value- a little bit of extra room made my stay more comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank aceindia
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am staying at the Salem Waterfront Hotel tomorrow, and i just called to check in my reservations. The woman who answered the phone could not have been more helpful and pleasant. I am looking forward to my stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sally M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
The Wylie Inn and Conference Center at Endicott College
Rockport Inn and Suites
Rockport Inn and Suites
#4 of 6 in Rockport

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!