“Wonderful place to stay”

Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed 5 nights in this hotel. When we were in Salem about 8 years ago, we stayed at the Hawthorne. There is no comparison between the two. The Hawthorne is an old historic hotel and we appreciated that, but it had small rooms and it was very noisy. The parking was also an issue. Because of that memory, we opted for a junior suite at the Waterfront Hotel and I'm so glad we did. it was very spacious with a fridge, microwave and couch that made into another bed. My daughter and grand daughter came for one night and we were able to have a glass of wine with snacks that night and a light breakfast before we went out the next day. I love having a refrigerator in a hotel room! The king bed was a trifle hard, but not really bad. The view was pretty good. We were on the 4th floor and could see the marina to the right.

I could reiterate what others have said about the amenities, but I really want to mention the staff in my review. I have never met nicer people than at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. They could NOT do enough for you. Ryan was extraordinary and bent over backwards for us. I forget the young woman's name who was also at the front desk. A very pretty young girl with long dark hair. She had a great sense of humor. We checked in laughing and checked out sad that we were leaving. My grand daughter loved the mini cheese cakes and brownies that greeted us when we came in exhausted in the afternoon. The coffee in the morning was excellent as well. I don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said. I would certainly recommend this hotel highly to anyone looking to stay in Salem. Oh, we also ate at Finz twice and thought the food was excellent. For breakfast we ate at Reds. My husband said he has never had better food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AnnDiBernardo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,737)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night after an awful hotel upstate NY.
The room is very clean and stocked with a Kerig coffee maker, the location can't be beat we have lived in the area a long time ago and were pleased with the changes. We ate at Finz a seafood restaurant behind the hotel on the wharf and were delighted with our experience it beats Legal Seafood and the Boston restaurants.
One comment they should put make up mirrors in the rooms, instead of having to ask for one, but that's my only suggestion.
I will stay there again for sure.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rhodesianridge
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Perfect location. Room was clean. Great if u have kids. We were able to go back to the hotel multiple times to use the bathroom and still not be far from anything. It's right next to a bunch of great shops and Finz restaurant which was really good. Will definitely stay again. I read some poor reviews when people stayed in October. Not sure why people would not expect it to be noisy and busy during that month. I feel those reviews r a little unfair. If u want to be centrally located and in a clean, modest room - this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Cherie S
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel was in great location. Easy access to restaurants, sights. Especially good if you are taking the ferry to Boston for the day...10 min walk (but lots of free parking for ferry so taking car not an issue). Room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Staff were all friendly, especially staff cleaning rooms. I would mark higher for sleep quality but found the duvet on the bed very warm and heavy for time of year. Brothers deli next door ok for breakfast but not recommended for dinner. Try Custom chicken rotisserie chicken one block away...doesn't look much but food is very good.

Room Tip: Ask for marina view and also a corner room. We had 401 on a corner and could have tv a little loude...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina is clean, appealing to the eye, and close to everything. The employees, both outside and inside, from managers to food servers to janitorial staff were warm, friendly and outgoing. The room was wonderful - very clean, inviting and comfortable. We will definitely stay there again when we have more time to see the many sights that Salem has to offer!

Room Tip: Our room faced west and had plenty of sun in the afternoon. I would recommend a queen or king bed...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kenneth O
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina is beautiful and very relaxing.

The seaside theme along with a very accommodating staff, and truly special amenities such as nice drinks, fresh apples and a light citrusy set of toiletries, make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Smudge777
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel met all of my expectations, and was particularly good for the price. They accommodated my early check-in, the room was enormous and clean, the staff was super friendly, and the entire place was comfortable. I was particularly impressed at how quiet the room was -- the most comfortable room can be ruined if you can hear all of your neighbors. The bed was also quite cozy. There were plenty of nice amenities, and I never felt like I was being gouged for the extras (fridge and microwave tucked into a wet bar in the room, iPod docking station in-room, really nice toiletries, etc.). Room service and the pub were reasonably priced and good. Everything you could want is within walking distance of the hotel, and parking is free! I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank IzziGirlAbroad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Boston Marriott Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!