“Clean, nice and clean”

Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Can't express how clean it is! Everyone was super nice to my husband, myself and my 2 girls! The room was clean and the hotel staff was nice but couldn't compare to our waitress, she made the entire staff look amazing. Silly right? Nope! Meghan was super! My girla lived her (and they hate everyone, even me) its I. The middle of salem and you can walk everywhere! Don't get caught up in the kitchy salem garbage, ask the staff they'll tell you what to stay away from. Breakfast was graet and worth every penny. We had megan and she was great. Only problem we had as housekeeping knocked o. Our door the last day at 9am... Check outs 11!!!!! Leave ua alone until then!!!! But, despite that, we will come back and recomend our friends!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank flamia404
There are newer reviews for Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were there for an overnight. Immediately met by a porter to help with the luggage.
Very courteous and cheery staffers at the desk. Room was just plain perfect.
Don't get confused by "The Pub". The food there is elegant dining and of the highest quality.
I can personally vouch for the very fine Filet Mignon. The server was extremely friendly and attendant to every detail. The breakfast was at the same level.

The location is right near the harbor and next to some of the chic shops in Salem.
This is without doubt the best accommodations in Salem. Whether you are coming to Salem for business or a visit, I can recommend The Regatta. They are the toast of the North Shore.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joyce G
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I hopped down from Portland, ME with my husband for a couple nights away. I'd never been to Salem, and I wanted to avoid the crowds of the summer and fall. I booked our stay without really understanding the layout of this adorable little city. It was a lucky pick on my part because we were in the PERFECT location.
The Salem Waterfront is exactly where we needed to be. Little shops and the wharf you can see out your window. A variety of restaurants in a 2 block radius and walking distance to everything we wanted to see and more.
As for our room, we were very lucky and got a corner room on the fourth floor with windows overlooking Pickering Warf and the Friendship of Salem. Beautiful. That being said, the mattress was very lumpy and uncomfortable. The fan in the bathroom was broken and there were stains on the carpet. It made it seem a bit run down for such a new and lovely hotel.
All around, we had a lovely stay. The staff was friendly, the pool is beautiful and location is the money maker many times over!

Room Tip: The fourth floor was all but silent and the views from the corner rooms were stunning.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jenn H
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel with a warm, friendly staff. Great service. Hertz at Salem will bring a car for you to rent then pick it up! Restaurant on the site is ok not great. Food selection is limited but great bar service. However the location is perfect in Downtown Salem and two blocks from the wharf and several restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank kathleen m
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently attended my daughter's wedding and spent 4 nights at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. The Wedding Reception was held at the hotel on Saturday evening. Every member of the staff was cordial and accommodating. The energy was great and the reception was beautiful. Rooms were comfy and pleasant. Location is convenient and in walking distance to the marina and sights. I highly recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy a stay outside of Boston.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LindaMariaB
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Once again I found myself at the salem waterfront and it was great. Always a good stay with great food rooms and service. The location can't be beat, right in the center yet an ocean views. When it's nice out all attractions in salem are within walking distance and the staff is always willing I help you find your way there

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Tim1425
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Salem Waterfront Hotel and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The room itself was amazing and I slept like a baby. I was in town for a wedding and the staff was so helpful when it came to getting back to the airport. When I needed to check out and catch an early morning flight out of Boston's Logan Airport I called the front desk around 1:30am and had them arrange for a taxi to pick me up at 5:30am. I was picked up on time and got to my flight with plenty of time. Also they loan you free Ipad's for your stay, simply an amazing establishment. If you are in Salem, you should do youself a favor and stay at the Salem Waterfront Hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank brownl11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
The Salem Inn
The Salem Inn
#6 of 9 in Salem

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!