“Very Nice”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
cape cod
“Very Nice”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here for 1 night on 4/16. We were in town to tour Salem State with our oldest but having never been to Salem, decided to stay overnight in order to check out the town. The hotel is in a great location. 5 minutes drive to the college and walking distance to most attractions. The "waterfront" is extremely small. The hotel itself is not huge, the lobby, restaurant and pool are on the smaller side than other hotels, but everything was very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in the King Suite which was great. Bedroom with king size bed and second room with pull out sofa bed, small dining table, small fridge, keurig coffee maker with numerous pods to choose from. The bathroom was spotless. We received a $10 gift card for the hotel restaurant that we used for breakfast which was delicious. The only complaint I had was the intense smell of the lily's from an enormous floral arrangement in the lobby. The smell was overpowering and carried into the elevator. But if that's the only complaint I'd say you should give this hotel a try if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Top floors (4th or 5th) may offer a slight water view.
3 Thank rysmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

As a handicapped traveler, I have unique needs, well beyond those of the average traveler. The Salem Waterfront Hotel has gone "above and beyond" on every one of my stays.

I don't know where to start. The staff is outstanding, particularly Ryan, Harmony, Ashley (and others too numerous to name). The building, rooms, and lobby are especially inviting. The floral arrangements, the mantle decorations, the freshly baked cookies and hot cider, and above all, the gas fireplace on a cold rainy afternoon are welcoming.

After my first stay in early February, on my return week after week, the hotel set up the room to my specifications. Especially important to me, is the roll-in shower; this one is without a doubt the best design I've ever seen. The threshold at the outer edge of the shower prevents water from getting on the floor - a slip hazard for somebody who has difficulty walking.

The personal Keurig coffeemaker in the room is a real plus. Partnered with complementary bottled water, you're all set for your morning coffee.

In the winter, following snowstorms, I left the hotel only to find that my van had been cleared and shoveled out. It made getting to work that much easier.

I have recommended that the management and staff of this hotel form a consulting firm and consult to other hotels and hotel chains. They clearly "get it".

Not one, not the "G" in Galway, Ireland, the JW Marriott in Indianapolis, Indiana, the Hilton Garden Inn in Warwick, Rhode Island, the Residence Inn in Danvers, Massachusetts, The Palmer House in Chicago, Illinois, while ranging from good to excellent, can measure up.

The Regatta Pub is cozy, the staff are friendly, the food is amazing, and the prices are quite reasonable. While I was having dinner on several occasions, I couldn't help but overhear the wedding planner with some soon-to-be brides and grooms. A a special occasion in a special location.

Take my advice. If you're coming to the Salem area, or even the greater Boston area, book at the Salem Waterfront Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank MargaretB672
Swansea, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a family during April school vacation. We wanted to visit the Peabody Essex Museum and The House of the Seven Gables. The location was perfect! We were able to walk to all the local attractions and restaurants. Our room had 2 queen size beds and was a nice large room. Everything in the hotel was spotless. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but hear from other guests that it was fantastic.
At night we did take the kids for a dip in the pool. Although the pool is small it was fine for a quick swim relax the kids before bedtime.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Salem to go sightseeing.

4 Thank jojay-4
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

First visit to Salem. Booked this hotel due to proximity to local attractions. This hotel has great walkability to many points of interest i.e.Harbour, Salem Trolly pick-up and various other attractions and restaurants. Parking and internet included, double queen room spacious, small desk for laptop use and two sitting chairs. Great shower pressure and nice citrus showering amenities.

4 Thank bestfamilyadventures
Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A few weeks ago I stayed at this hotel and I was extremely impressed not only by the hotel but the staff. The staff was making sure that my guests and I were were content and settled even when there was a wedding going on. The waitress was very friendly and the food was delicious. I am a buffalo chicken fanatic and picky when it comes to it and these ones passed my test with flying colors. We called the front desk and asked if they could bring another blanket up and within minutes there was someone with a fresh clean blanket at my door. The beds were extremely comfortable and I liked that they had free wifi. I did not stay long enough to go in the pool but it looked clean and I can not wait for the next time I go back to try it out. Thank you so much Salem Water Front and stuff for your hospitality. I will be back the next chance I get it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Meaghan H
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overall the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I recommend this hotel to any one in this area. Great for a weekend get away...to grabbing some food (DELICIOUS FOOD)....having a wedding (saw a beautiful wedding when I stayed). I know the Salem area very well and let me tell you something...the first time I stayed in Salem, I stayed at the Hawthorn Hotel. Biggest mistake. Salem Waterfront is clean, friendly staff, great food, and overall a better experience. They have a pool which my wife and I enjoyed very much. Although I do not know if the guest enjoyed the sight of me in a bathing suit, the pool was awesome. My wife and I will always go back to the Salem Waterfront Hotel. I never write reviews...reason why I am writing this is because I follow the Salem Waterfront on Facebook (recommend you all do have great deals for facebook friends) but we all know about the tragic marathon monday....Salem Waterfront is letting any one stay at the hotel who ran the marathon stay for free. Shows how much class this hotel has and how they will always be there to help. This is not a hotel who cares just about the money...they care about the community and most of all the guests who stay in it. AWSOME HOTEL..GREAT STAFF...GREAT ROOMS.

Room Tip: Every room is great...All great beds.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Alex M
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Wonderful Hotel, very clean and friendly!! Food was fabulous as well. We ate breakfast and dinner there twice the food was really good and plentiful so there was no need to venture out. There is a beautiful inside pool that was wonderful!! We will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeannie E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!