“We will be back! Often!”

Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We found this hotel online and selected it for the amenities and pricing. Ryan was extremely helpful in assisting us through the reservations process. The front desk staff was genuinely warm and welcoming upon check-in, and able to direct us to local restaurants, attractions, and activities that made this a memorable trip. Ashley also gave us a 25% discount when she found out we were staying in Salem for "Out Night."
Our package included a daily breakfast at the Regatta Pub downstairs at the hotel. The food was great and Lori was excellent. Steve poured generous drinks, and Wendy made us feel like we were part of the family. These people are in the hospitality industry, so it makes sense that they are friendly and outgoing. However, the sincerity with which they approach this work shows great pride and genuine concern for the happiness of their guests. We will be back! Often!

Room Tip: Contact Hotel reservations directly.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank AdamandJames
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Adam & James: It is great to see that you had a pleasant stay with us during Salem's first annual "Out Night" celebration. Our central location to all of Salem's attractions and restaurants make us a great choice for any celebration!! Your tip about contacting us directly for reservations is a great tip for Salem Waterfront guests! Not only do we get to know our guests prior to them arriving, but we offer special rates and packages all year long, with some of them not available on our website! We are glad that you will be coming back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)

Reviewed July 2, 2011

After looking on-line for a place to stay close to Beverly, MA, we chose the Waterfront Inn.
We were so pleased with everything. The price was right - the staff was very friendly and accommodating - but most important to us was how clean and well-kept everything is...from our room, to the pool, lobby! HIGHLY recommend. I hope we have a chance to go back!

Room Tip: We had end room and great view of marina
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank lvien
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love seeing 5 stars across the board. Our Housekeeping and Engineering teams work very hard to keep our public areas and guest rooms in pristine condition and they were certainly glad to hear your feedback! We do hope you get the chance to come back and stay with us as well! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Front desk and restaurant staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are pleasant, clean and comfortable. I have stayed in other hotels and inns in this and nearby towns and this is by far the best.

New showerheads would be nice as these tend to splash.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
11  Thank Avi45
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to to review your recent stay with us. We are certainly glad to hear that you think that we are the best hotel in the area!! I have shared your feedback regarding the shower heads with our Engineering Department and we are currently researching a solution to the splashing situation that you experienced. We hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

The main purpose of our trip was to visit my brother and his family in Marblehead. This is a very convenient location. Our room was very comfortable, terrific size and very clean. There are a few restaurants very close by and the city itself is very clean and inviting. The hotel was very busy when we were there, and therefore the service for breakfast was somewhat slow, but the food was still quite good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank bkmfm2

Let me just start out by saying that we are very happy to hear that you will be coming back after your recent stay with us! Many guests choose to stay with us for our central location, not only in Salem, but to all of the attractions on Boston's North Shore! I have shared your feedback regarding the speed of service in our restaurant with our Food & Beverage team and they are currently working with the staff to expedite the food in a more timely fashion.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

we stayed here as part of a wedding weekend.

while everything was independently nice (room, location), there just didn't seem to be any one theme throughout the experience to say that we had a nice time. it started off that with the wedding group, the hotel was not very accommodating in terms of the block that was originally negotiated. while this could have been a mis-communication with the couple organizing the event, it took us about 3 times to book the hotel room and reflected poorly on the hotel.

once at the hotel, which has a nice lobby with afternoon snacks (lemonade, cookies) and iPads docked in stations, we just never felt truly welcomed or comfortable at the hotel.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank misstrixie
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed here with my husband and 2 year old son in April. The facility is wonderful, room was lovely. However...there were people in the pool who were clearly drunk and had their kids in the pool...come to find out by speaking to them that they were not even guests of the hotel!!! They used the pass of someone who lives in the condos there. Also, there were extremely loud guests running around, banging doors and wreaking havoc well past 1 AM...waking up my son multiple times. I complained at the time, as well as check out and was given a very small reduction in my rate, but I was satisfied, especially when the manager told me to call the next time I wanted to visit, so that I could make sure we would have a good experience. Well imagine my surprise when I call today to make reservations for my anniversary and was told that there is the biggest wedding of the year that weekend, so it would not be a good time for us to come. WHAT??? How about checking to see if there were rooms available away from the wedding party? How about SOMETHING to make me feel like you paid attention when I explained how my last experience was ruined??? Nope, just a "not a good time to stay here." Lovely. I will NEVER book there again. And seeing as I always recommend a good place highly to my many business and personal contacts, I will be CERTAIN to steer them away from this place...unless they are getting married, since apparently that's the only time customer service seems to matter!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tm2515
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a very detailed review of your recent experiences with us. On behalf of the entire team here at the Salem Waterfront Hotel, I would like to personally apologize for the two less than accectable experiences that you had with us. This is by no means the experience that we strive to provide our guests with. Please contact me at 978-619-1100 or via email at jarruda@salemwaterfronthotel.com and I will personally handle your reservation request and make sure that your next experience with us is truly a Salem Waterfront experience!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for business on and off for the past 6 months. It is hands down much better than any other option in the area. The rooms are very nice with great quality amenities. The staff provide exceptional levels of service. This is an excellent value in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank Bonniepatmat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Boston Marriott Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!