“great hotel”

Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed March 14, 2011

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. Check in was about 3 minutes when i arrived. Staff was very accommodating, as I needed to ask for directions twice. The food at the Regatta was yummy! The best C. Chicken Salad I ever had. Staff at the restaurant were also very nice. A little pricey for this slow and freezing time of year, as you cannot really enjoy all that Salem has to offer. That said, i will definitely stay there again with my family sometime in the fall.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank heatherAMA
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Hi Heather! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent experience. I was so excited to share your positive reviews of our staff with our AWESOME team! We work very hard at handpicking team members who have a true desire to work in the Hospitality industry. It is great to see that you will be back with us in the Fall. See you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,737)

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Salem Waterfront Hotel is positioned in downtown Salem, Ma. right on pickering wharf close to all shops and restaurants. Walking to anywhere is easy and the proximity of public transport allows quick travel to Boston. Nice and comfortable hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bigwavedave35
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My recent stay was for my cousins wedding. From start to finish, everything was done to perfection. The staff couldn't do enough for us.

The location is wonderful as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. It was also a fantastic place for a wedding. The food was execellent.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dcolegrove
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We have stayed here twice now for overnights. Both times were very comfortable, no problems, courteous and pleasant people and a newer, nicely-appointed facility. Good prices during the times we stayed. Great location for going to the Peabody-Essex Museum, which is itself a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank UThule
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I enjoy our stay room was great, location great and the staff and service was outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tc1918
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I are wedding photographers, We were asked to photograph a wedding on 2.12.11 at the Salem waterfront. Since we live close by we didnt book a room with the hotel. After being at the wedidng for a few hours we decided it would be best to stay, then came the sad news that they were completely booked for the night :( good for them bad for us! but to my suprise witho=in an hour they had a cancelation and the staff went out of there way to search for me to tell me that they had a room for me and had it all set up! I couldnt believ the customer service that they offered me! I will from now on tell everyone I know getting married and traveling to salem that THIS is the hotel that they need to stay at!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank amandarstevens
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I know it doesn't sound like a glowing review, but trust me I was very excited to find the Salem Waterfront Hotel when I wanted to stay in downtown Salem but did not want to wake up in a creepy doll house (aka bed and breakfast). I like the B&B idea, but I will never understand why they all have to be so darn frilly. I wanted a nice, clean, accessible, slightly luxurious hotel for a one night stay, and the Salem Waterfront Hotel provided just that. It's walkable from the Commuter Rail, which is key. I do think in the dead of winter the room prices should be more discounted; $135/night was the cheapest room. Granted, it was a nice room, but we did not get any of the benefit of being centrally located in Salem during sunny summer. We didn't do breakfast there, so can't comment on that, although it's nice that it's offered. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richarddustin
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

Richarddustin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are certainly glad that you chose to stay with us out of the other numerous Bed & Breakfasts and Hotels that call Salem home. We hope that you decide to come back to Salem when we have dug ourselves out of the 50+ inches that Mother Nature has brought our way and enjoy our central location to all of the attractions and amenities that our great city has to offer!

The Salem Waterfront Team!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Boston Marriott Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!