“Always a Great Experience!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Andrew Michaels Spa and Salon
Ranked #2 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Salem
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I have been going to Andrew Michaels for MANY years now after a terrible haircut at a mall salon. I LOVE this place from haircuts, to brows to facials to manicures, they have the best people in the area on staff. I have always been treated politely here and can't imagine any rudeness on the part of the staff ever. I will continue as a satisfied client! P.S. I always get compliments on my brows and hair!! Love it.

Reviewed November 18, 2009

I can understand how some reviewers could be upset about their customer service experience.... but not based on what I received. I only say I can understand b/c most business have moments of poor customer service. However, you will only know if they are moments or patterns if you go more than once (unfortunately). And, obviously, this is risky.

I have had great experiences (plural) at this salon. I go there regularly for my hair cut. Everytime I have been greated warmly and offered either coffee, tea or water while I wait. The wait has never been long enough for me to take 2 sips of my water.

I have a condition that has caused some hair loss on the crown of my head and they always provide me with a private room. The stylist has never made me feel awkward about my condition and has always been very kind and down to earth. Recently, my stylist had to move thus, had to leave Andrew Michaels. The receptionist immediately called to let me know and offered me 20% my service that is sceduled as well as 20% my NEXT scheduled service (!) just for having to have a different stylist (my appointment time/date was NOT even changed). I thought this customer service was over the top. Not to mention, I am always pleased with my hair cut.

Reviewed February 11, 2009

I should have read the other reviews before going. I'm not the type to write a review unless it was exceptional svc or a very bad experience. One can make their own opinion, though I hope you listen to mine before going. First, when making my first call to the salon, the woman who answered was short and rude, when I wanted info on the facials. She basically brushed me off. But when I went in for my hair cut, and blow dry, it got worse. They were very behind (which didn't bother me), but did not let me know at all. I had to ask what was going on. After 1/2 hour after my appt was supposed to start, I asked the front desk what the issue was, and they gave me the look of death. Now I'm a very patient person, and it took a lot for me to ask them, and I get a dirty look, and a curt answer. Come to find out, as my appt got started, most of the front desk (and those that answer the phone) propagate this rudeness, as it seemed to permiate the entire staff. I couldn't wait to leave! Too expensive, for a horrible experience.

5  Thank hcwrangler00
Reviewed May 12, 2008

I recently had a full day of pampering at Andrew Michaels. It was amazing. I started with a lemon grass body scrub. I was exfoliated from head to toe, and then rinsed in a vichy shower. The vichy was a massage in itself. Next I was massaged with a lemon shea butter. It was great. Then I had a potent potions facial, which left my skin glowing for days. I was served a very nice lunch in a private room. Then my day finished with a mani and pedi. I cant wait to go back. Everyone was so nice and my day was amazing.

2  Thank aeg1117
Reviewed April 24, 2008

On 4/12/08 I had a "Potent Potions" facial scheduled for 11:30 a.m. When I arrived I waited a few minutes while the receptionist took care of the person ahead of me. She then asked me if I had an appt. and told me to go downstairs. I have been to the Salon before so I did know where "downstairs" was. I sat all alone downstairs and waited for someone to greet me. Finally someone came out of the room, checked the schedule and greeted me. She said it would be a moment while she "turned over" the room. My services did not start until 11:40 which is not a big deal but it was supposed to be a 55 min. massage and was only 50 minutes total. For $85, I would expect a 55 (or even 60) minute appointment.

Although I thought the esthetician did her job I wasn't really sure what I received vs. what I was supposed to receive with the Potent Potion facial. I did receive the hand and arm massage and heated gloves but there was a minimal of 1 min. of extraction. I don't consider that I have flawless skin, quite the opposite, and the description of this facial states "extraction". I also can't say for sure if I received the mask unless it was a cream one. At no time did a mask get pulled off my face. It just seemed that this facial consisted of creams being applied and wiped off - very disappointing. I could do this at home myself!

On 4/15/08 I called to inquire what the "ampoule" part of the facial was (and she didn't know) and state my disappointment and was told someone would call me back. I assumed it would be that day. On 4/18/08 I called and again inquired and the receptionist apologized that no one had called me back and told me someone (Andrea?) would call me Saturday 4/19 (at home).

To this day I have not received a phone call. I feel that customer service is a big part of any business. If someone can't call back to respond to questions or concerns a client has, it is not a place I would care to frequent. You are in Salem, MA - one street over from the Point - not Newbury Street in Boston. I feel any phone call is important enough to warrant a return call no matter what the circumstance -- a complaint, suggestion or praise.

One person does make a difference and some people/friends I have spoken with also had some not so positive things to say about your Spa. I was not looking for a free facial or anything except a courtesy phone call back. If this is the way you choose to do business, good luck. Apparently you charge enough money that you don't need people to return. That's great but I can assure you I will not return. And I would not expect (as I was offered) to pay for another facial at a discounted price when I'm calling with a concern. I don't think anybody would want that.

Well I hope you get this and thanks for listening. No need to reply but feel free to mail me $7.50! ($85 ÷ 50) Thank you!

Mary Anne