“Delicious and great service”
Review of Opus

Opus
Ranked #21 of 232 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious and great service”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I really like their attitude here. We've come for dinner, we came with friends and kids, we've come and just had appetizers and drinks. We always get friendly service and great food, no matter what. Their prices seem surprisingly good to me for the quality of the menu (I mean, it isn't cheap, but it isn't a bank breaker either.)

I strongly recommend checking out the lounge in the basement. There aren't enough proper lounges in town, but this one definitely meets the qualifications!

The menu is largely small plates, and the servings are appropriate, in my eyes, which I think means some people will find the servings small. But it is a great setup for exploring some different dishes and sharing. Definitely a favorite place for me.

Visited October 2013

Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Trendy new spot in Salem - vegetarian friendly”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We ate here on a Friday night around 9pm. Opus was exactly what we expected - fun and trendy with a lively dinner scene. The menu is organized by proteins and there are small plates as well as traditional entree options. We chose several small plates to share. The vegetarian sushi was tasty, but completely fell apart. It is so messy that this is not a dish to share with anyone other than your significant other because it turned into a shared rice bowl! They were out of the ravioli and our server recommended the beet salad as a substantial alternative. I was skeptical, but he was right!

Downstairs had a surprising lounge style bar, but was empty when we were there.

New England
“Nice atmosphere, OK food at bar”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The bar and restaurant had a lively vibe. We ordered a few plates of sushi and other apps which were fine. The bar service was really poor though - slow and not very attentive. For example, it took a long time to get menus, our dirty dishes sat in front of us for most of our time there, and it took awhile to cash out. They didn't look shortstaffed, just the staff didn't appear to be keeping an eye on details. The food came from the kitchen fast and was hot though. The downstairs is a comfortable bar area but the music was really loud for such a small space.

Salem, Massachusetts, United States
“Fantastic Dinner on Halloween”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I just moved to Salem and wanted to find somewhere I could enjoy dinner on Halloween night. I stumbled upon Opus and found a spot at the bar. I was astonished at the extensive menu and everything sounded delicious. I started with the Porcelain Pumpkin martini (heaven in a glass) and ordered the Filet Mignon on a bed of Lobster Bacon Mashed Potatoes with a side of Tempura asparagus. The meal was absolutely OUTSTANDING. It is rare where I clear the entire plate and I couldn't help myself. Service was also great. I can't wait to return again while I am living down the street!

Salem, Massachusetts
“Fresh Food and nice staff!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I just love this place! I have to say Penny is a great manager and I know she is only hear once in a while as she works in a few locations she is one of the Best ! The food is fresh and you can eat hear if you are a vegetarian ! Thank you again for great service !

• Visited October 2013

Been to Opus? Share your experiences!