“Nice atmosphere, OK food at bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Opus

Opus
Ranked #21 of 231 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New England
“Nice atmosphere, OK food at bar”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The bar and restaurant had a lively vibe. We ordered a few plates of sushi and other apps which were fine. The bar service was really poor though - slow and not very attentive. For example, it took a long time to get menus, our dirty dishes sat in front of us for most of our time there, and it took awhile to cash out. They didn't look shortstaffed, just the staff didn't appear to be keeping an eye on details. The food came from the kitchen fast and was hot though. The downstairs is a comfortable bar area but the music was really loud for such a small space.

Salem, Massachusetts, United States
“Fantastic Dinner on Halloween”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I just moved to Salem and wanted to find somewhere I could enjoy dinner on Halloween night. I stumbled upon Opus and found a spot at the bar. I was astonished at the extensive menu and everything sounded delicious. I started with the Porcelain Pumpkin martini (heaven in a glass) and ordered the Filet Mignon on a bed of Lobster Bacon Mashed Potatoes with a side of Tempura asparagus. The meal was absolutely OUTSTANDING. It is rare where I clear the entire plate and I couldn't help myself. Service was also great. I can't wait to return again while I am living down the street!

• Visited October 2013
Salem, Massachusetts
“Fresh Food and nice staff!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I just love this place! I have to say Penny is a great manager and I know she is only hear once in a while as she works in a few locations she is one of the Best ! The food is fresh and you can eat hear if you are a vegetarian ! Thank you again for great service !

• Visited October 2013
Palm Springs, Florida
“Great find”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stopped in here the night before Halloween and coincidentally the night the Sox won the World Series. The place wasn't terribly busy but since they had TV's, we asked the waitress if we could stay after eating to watch the game. The food was excellent and even though I am not a sushi fan, my vegetarian meal was tasty. The waitress was very attentive and friendly - was a nice place to watch the game without feeling crushed by a large rowdy crowd.

Visited October 2013
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Fun place to spend time with friends ”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We sat at the neon yellow bar enjoying cocktails, wine, mussels, burger and conversation. Excellent customer service and quality food again. One of our favorites in Salem.

Been to Opus? Share your experiences!