“Fun place to spend time with friends ”
Review of Opus

Opus
Ranked #26 of 236 Restaurants in Salem
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Fun place to spend time with friends ”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We sat at the neon yellow bar enjoying cocktails, wine, mussels, burger and conversation. Excellent customer service and quality food again. One of our favorites in Salem.

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Nice bar and downstairs lounge”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Good food, staff friendly. Music downstairs in evening, jazz, dj, etc. nice variation. Ate at bar delicious small plates, good wines. Comfortable and fun place to spend time with friends/

• Visited October 2013
NJ
“Cool spot in Salem”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This bar is trendy and cool, the servers and staff are SUPER friendly. Food is very good and they even have some Gluten-free options, which is always nice! The drinks are delicious as well. If you go, try the foie gras with fig... to die for!

• Visited September 2013
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Great the first time....”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place the first time around. Their duck poutine was phenomenal. The speak easy lounge downstairs is nifty, the staff is trendy, etc. However, I visited again for drinks far before last call and upon entering the bar on a slow night I was met with "we're doing last call right now". No, I don't want to be the guy keeping the staff there late, but with patrons there already with full drinks, I would expect some sort of hospitality. Absolutely no retention, like I was some transient nobody. It really irked me. I'll try again with caution on a busy night I guess, as that is when customers are appreciated.

“Great food but need to pay attention to the details ..”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We tried out this restaurant after reading all the good reviews on tripadvisors. We went there for our lunch and the restaurant offers a good selection of Japanese and American food on the menu. Even though my sushi was well made and prepared, I wasn't impressed with their use of normal basmati rice rather than using Japaneses chunky and sticky rice as their sushi rice. This has taken away the authenticity of the sushi. Because of this reason, the rice doesn't stick together when you tried to eat it. However, the atmosphere is good with a quirky, bar-like decoration. My partner was impressed with the burger as the meat was finely selected and well cooked. Overall, we think the restaurant has done a great job in cooking the food but they need to get the details right. The restaurant has a vibrant atmosphere. Definitely a place to catch up with friends for food or beers.

• Visited October 2013