“Allison was the Best!!!”

Tavern on the Green
Ranked #8 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wood-burning fireplace in a cozy wood-paneled room overlooking Salem Common, the Tavern on the Green serves a varied menu with daily specials from 11 am to 11 pm. Open 360 days a year, on the occasions of our Grand Buffet (Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas,) as well as on our huge Halloween party, we only offer those special events. Soups, salads, appetizers, sandwiches, burgers, pasta dishes and entrees, yummy desserts, draft beer, wines by the glass and bottle, custom cocktails, children's menu -- we offer something for everyone.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We enjoyed our lunch so much. The food was prepared well, good portions, and price. The atmosphere was welcoming. Most of all we enjoyed our waitress/bartender Allison. She is outgoing and helpful. We enjoyed talking with her and returned later that night for drinks just so that we could visit with her some more!!

HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Tavern on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Joanne C,

Thank you for your review of Tavern on the Green. I’m pleased that you found both the atmosphere and the staff to be warm and welcoming. Allison has become a staple of the Tavern, and so it’s no surprise that her great service brought you back again! I will be certain to pass along your kind words to her and her team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We ate at the Tavern a lot while our stay in Salem at the Hawthorne Hotel. This beautiful place is located right in the hotel! Which was awesome and very convenient. As soon as we walked in we felt the warmth of the restaurant. It has beautiful fireplaces and very comfortable seating. The staff was so friendly and take care of us right away. The food was to die for! Happy Hour I had stuffed shrimp and they were the best stuffed shrimp I ever had! The cocktails were hands down out of this world. I LOVE this place! You need to stop here when you come to Salem. We will return again and again when we come to Salem.

HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Tavern on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Stephanie H,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne’s pub-style restaurant, Tavern on the Green. As you obviously have come to know our pub-style restaurant well, we appreciate you highlighting many of the great things the Tavern has to offer, including its warm atmosphere and cozy fire, great cocktails, and delicious food! I’m certain that fellow Trip Advisor readers will appreciate your recommendation of our crab-stuffed baked shrimp. We serve them once each week as a Happy Hour special.

Thank you again for sharing you experience with us. We can ask for no greater compliment than that of a guest returning to us again and again!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch after visiting the Peabody Essex Museum. The tavern is in a hotel a short block down from the museum. A fire was glowing in the fireplace and comfortable arm chairs at tables for 2 and 4 filled the room. It was a Friday and there were tables of 50-60 year old women and some couples. Bar was nice but does not fill/ define the room. Menu had a good selection of salads, sandwiches and burgers as well as full dinners. We enjoyed a basket of warm rolls as we reviewed the menu. selected Burger and Fish sandwich - both excellent. Wonderful coleslaw. Delicious chocolate brownie with ice cream topped off meal. Highly recommend for all. Children would do well here. Reasonably priced for nice meal in lovely setting.

HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Tavern on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear OnceAYearTraveler042,

It was such a delight to read your lovely review of the Hawthorne’s pub-style restaurant, Tavern on the Green. We pride ourselves on offering a unique and welcoming atmosphere to our guests, and so I’m pleased that you enjoyed the cozy fire and large, wingback chairs. I’m glad that you also enjoyed your meal, and will be certain to pass along your warm compliments to our Chefs.

We appreciate you also offering specific menu recommendations to fellow Trip Advisor readers. I’m certain it will prove helpful, especially to those who may be unfamiliar with the Hotel and our restaurants.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The service and staff are absolutely professional, while being warm and friendly at the same time. I always feel as though I am part of the Hawthorne Hotel family. The food is always excellent, with a wonderful menu for all appetites. I love the warmth and comfort of the fire place on a cold winters day, and enjoy relaxing with a book while having lunch.

Dear Rhondagirl123,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne’s Tavern on the Green restaurant. I’m glad that you enjoyed the warm, welcoming fire and large chairs of our pub-style restaurant.

We so appreciate your compliments for both the service and food. I will be certain to pass along your kind comments to our great team. I know they love to see our guests enjoying themselves, and we certainly enjoy seeing our repeat guests so much.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Best clam chowder I've ever tasted! Exceptional service as well. This was such a comfortable place to eat and relax.

1  Thank JennyLRose84
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Tavern on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear JennyLRose84,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel’s pub-style restaurant, Tavern on the Green. I’m pleased that you enjoy dining with us, and appreciate you recommending our delicious clam chowder to fellow Trip Advisor readers.

We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,