“One of the better "Vintage" Photo's”

Witch Pix Costume Studio
Witch Dress-Up Photoshoot Experience in Salem
Ranked #1 of 11 Fun & Games in Salem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Be a Witch! Be a Wizard! Dress Up! Photo Shoots! A photo session experience includes multiple poses and camera filters on 3 stages ~ gazing into the crystal ball, flying on the magical broom and cooking up a spell in our cauldron under a special forest sky. Costumes fit over your everyday wear and are available for all ages, shapes, and sizes. Costumes are handmade in-house from the finest fabrics. Props, engaging photographers and hand painted backdrops, capture the spirit and play of witches, wizards and warlocks. The perfect Salem experience!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Chicago, IL
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“One of the better "Vintage" Photo's”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

These are everywhere and most are pretty similar. This one adds the local witch and pirate themes to its repertoire of costumes. It also has multiple "sets" and poses so its not "here's your 2 pictures - which one do you like" it mores of here's your 64 pictures (multiple sets, multiple poses & multiple finishes). What makes it nice (if you are doing the witch theme) is that the "witchy" sets are all ready -- you move from one to the next - no set up and tear down so you'r in and out rather quickly. (Again -- IF you are going with the Salem Witch theme) Not sure if this is standard everywhere but its the first ti,e I was able to buy the disk so we didn't have to make a quick decision on which witch pic to print.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank SteveC48

Redford, MI
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Very pricey, just ok pictures”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I went to have our photos taken. When we walked in the store, we were greeted by two very unprofessional individuals, who were much more concerned with talking about who they were texting than the customers. It was quickly explained that there was a sitting fee of $7. No big deal. The CHEAPEST picture was $27. However, we figured it was our souvenir, so we went for it.

The photographers helped us into witch costumes, sort of rushing us along. They did have cool costumes, though, and there was some choice as far as color, so that was neat. Then it was time to take photos. The photographer looked bored, like we were just taking up so much of his time. He gave us instructions here and there. At the end, we were sat down at a computer to review our photos. We were hoping that we would fall in love with most of them and then just buy the whole CD. Not the case. Most of the pictures were actually blurry. Very disappointing, especially since there was a sitting fee. I expect that with professional photos, however, these photos were far from professional.

We ended up getting 3 wallets, because we weren't going to pay $27 per 5 x 7. We went up to pay, and the lady that checked out us charges us $7/EACH for the sitting fee. I didn't argue, but I wish it was explained a little more clearly in the beginning that the sitting fee was charged for each of us. So, for over $45, we have a few pretty cool pictures. They're awesome. I will cherish them forever, but I don't think I would do it again.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Leetlestar
Staten Island, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Had a Blast!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Me and my husband went and had the best time doing a photo shoot..... It was so much fun and pictures came out great. I would recommend checking it out.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tabitha H
St. John's, Canada
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great keepsake”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Doing the witch pictures was so much fun! Picking out your costume and getting all dressed up makes you feel like a kid again. My group got to pick what each of our favourite colour was for our main dress and then matched our caps according to our dress. There was a large selection of colours and various dresses in each colour. The caps were absolutely beautiful and we all wanted to take ours home! Finally you get a hat to match your entire outfit. It was so much fun!

The costumes fit all sizes as they tie up in the back, like a hospital gown, and the cap covers your back so no one sees the back of the dress.

The backdrops are absolutely beautiful and well designed!

There is a sitting fee for each person and then you can buy how many pictures of each you want and pick your size. Or you can buy the rights to all the pictures for a rate allowing you to bring them to any photo lab and do them yourself but still have to pay all the sitting fees. My group just paid the sitting fee and bought the cd. When at the cash we just got the fee split 4 ways then later brought our CD to Wal Mart to get the photos.

A great souvenir and so much fun getting dressed and doing the scenes with you friends/family.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Mainlander_13

Been to Witch Pix Costume Studio? Share your experiences!