“They Made Me Feel Special”
Review of Nathaniel's

Nathaniel's
Ranked #22 of 235 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Walking distance from the Salem MBTA commuter rail station.
Description: Nat's serves a modern European-influenced cuisine in a historic setting. Enjoy a romantic dinner, or unwind after a busy day in Salem and try out our local cheeses, seafood and meats, while sipping on your favorite wines. Wine enthusiasts will enjoy our wine by the glass flights to compliment or contrast your palate, while a selection of specialty Ales is paired with our menu for those looking for a more robust beer experience.
Norwich, Connecticut
“They Made Me Feel Special”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to Nathaniel's with three friends and my mom for my 21st birthday and it was great! The chef himself came out to wish me a happy birthday (which was pretty cool) and then our server brought us out a dish "compliments of the chef" which was really good; It was a shrimp wonton with Asian ginger sauce and I just wish there had been more it was so good! Following that I had Steve's Seafood Chowder which is a very thick and creamy chowder with lots of seafood in it that was delicious and then I ordered Scallops Sophia for my entree which was one of their summer specials and a terrific seafood dish. When it came time for dessert I was a bit sad that they no longer had my favorite Hawthorne Hotel dessert on the menu - the Chocolate Crescendo - but what a surprise when our server brought it out to as a special birthday treat made just for me by Chef Steve! It was a terrific birthday dinner and all of my friends really enjoyed their meals, too and none of us walked away still hungry, that's for sure! Everyone in Nathaniel's made me feel special, it's the best birthday dinner I've ever had!

Visited June 2013
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Nathaniel's, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Amanda D,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Nathaniel’s. Guests are our top priority, and it was such a pleasure to hear of how Chef Steve and our servers were able to make your birthday all that much more special for you. It sounds like it was a great evening!

Thank you for also taking the time to go into such detail about what menu choices you made. This will no doubt benefit fellow Trip Advisor readers who are curious about our menu.

Thank you again for choosing Nathaniel’s for your birthday celebrations. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great room service”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Ordered room service for breakfast it was great! $18 and a ton of food, they were super quick in delivery and very friendly soul have ordered every day if I had known how great it was

• Visited June 2013
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Nathaniel's, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Bumbalough,

Thank you for your review of our room service. I’m glad that you enjoyed your meal, and that you found our service to be quick and friendly, as well as a great value.

When many hotels are doing away with things like Room Service, here at the Hawthorne Hotel we continue to provide all the conveniences we believe our guests want and deserve. We are so happy you enjoyed this service.

We hope to see you again soon.

Modesto, California, United States
“An 86th Birthday to Remember”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We took my father to Nathaniel's, which he loves, for his 86th birthday. It was a delight. The service was impeccable. The waitress went out of her way to make it a special experience for my father. She brought out a birthday torte with a candle - and had privately spoken with the pianist, who played a lovely version of 'Happy Birthday' for Dad. Before the pianist arrived, my father heard a melody on the restaurant's music, and another waiter took the time to track down the name of the classical song on his cell phone, and provide the information to my sister so we can find the song for Dad. Food was excellent, and the ambiance, service and courtesy truly made it an evening to remember. Thank you, Nathaniel's team, for all your kindnesses.

Dear ClaudiaNewcorn,

Thank you for your lovely review of Nathaniel’s. Excellent food and dedicated, hospitable service are our top priorities, and it made my day to hear about the many ways in which we were able to help make this occasion even more special for you and your family.

We hope to welcome you all back soon.

“A special restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our party of six was seated early on Saturday evening in Nathaniel's at a table near the piano. The dining room was elegant; we were able to order from menus of both Hawthorne Hotel restaurants. The service was outstanding; we could select regular or small size portions. The food was excellent; the prices reasonable. One of our party had a food allergy and was cheerfully accommodated. We have dined here many times; we will definitely return. It's always a magical experience.

• Visited June 2013
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Nathaniel's, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Piistia,

Thank you for your review of Nathaniel’s. As someone who has been a guest of ours on more than one occasion, I’m sure that fellow Trip Advisor readers will appreciate your experience with us all that much more. Thank you for pointing out so many of the reasons that you feel your experience was extraordinary.

I wonder if in your many visits to the Hotel and to Nathaniel’s you have ever been able to experience our Sunday Jazz Brunch? This weekly event is very popular among out-of-town and local guests alike.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Houston, Texas
“Breakfast”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Breakfast was really good, but a little pricey and service was slow. I had blueberry pancakes which were delicious. Pretty much everything is made from scratch.

Visited June 2013
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Nathaniel's, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Girljulie,

Thank you for your review of Nathaniel’s, one of the Hawthorne Hotel’s restaurants. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your blueberry pancakes, and will happily pass along your compliments to our kitchen team.

Because Nathaniel’s is a fine dining restaurant, we feel our prices are reasonable given the high quality dining experience our guests receive. I am sorry, though, that service was slow, and will pass along your concerns to our team. Should you be available to provide me with more details about when you dined with us, it will help me in insuring the team member(s) involved are given more specific re-training. You can reach me at 978-744-4080.

I hope to talk to you soon.

Juli Lederhaus

Been to Nathaniel's? Share your experiences!