Open today: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Braving the storm

After eleven hours braving a Nor'Easter and being completely soaked to the bone, my group was... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2018
stihlworking570
Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania
Interesting tour!

This tour was very informative and interesting! We learned way more about Salem and events that... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2018
Lindsay S
via mobile

All reviews guide chris witch trials murder tunnel tales history
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2015 via mobile

Chris was awesome, he really know almost everything about all the place, any detail he can tell you about it. Too much historical facts about the town that almost the people of Salem didn't know and he tells you make you feel great. Take the tour with Chris you will never regrets.

Date of experience: July 2015
4  Thank K7573OOluiss
Management response:Responded June 7, 2017

It was great spending time with you. Hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2015 via mobile

Chris knows a lot about the history of Salem and is passionate about sharing it's story. I was lucky enough to have a private tour on a beautiful day in April. He has crawled around many cool places under this town and has some pictures, facts, and tales to tell of these streets, it's people, and the tunnels that connected them. I was impressed enough with the sample of what I heard and saw that I purchased his book after the tour and have enjoyed digging in more to his explorations. I definitely recommend Chris if you're interested in a thorough historical tour. He also pointed me toward some great food recommendations and other things to do the rest of my time in Salem. 5 stars!

Date of experience: June 2015
5  Thank hijfte
Management response:Responded June 7, 2017

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Reviewed February 24, 2015

I'm from Ireland, this tour was organised by my aunt who is from Boston and I cannot speak highly enough of how informative, interesting and detailed the tour is. Chris the tour guide is an absolute hero, he did the tour for us during a blizzard and it was still of the highest quality. If you plan on visiting Salem I would highly recommend getting in touch with Chris for this Tour. I also purchased his book which he also signed for me. A gentleman and a truly fantastic tour

Date of experience: February 2015
5  Thank Conorshirley
Management response:Responded June 7, 2017

I hope you enjoyed the book! Look me up if you are ever back across the pond...

Reviewed November 9, 2014

Our Guide Chris is very knowledgeable about the history of Salem and its Tunnel connections. No Tunnels though, no longer part of the tour, the webpage needs to be update to let viewers know there are no underground tunnels to visit, but he provided photos through his I Pad which helped explained some of his stories, as well as, showing us where the tunnels would be located. Way different than the typical walking tours that Salem offers, it was just him, myself and my son and it last longer, 80 minutes. A little expensive, but for the length of time given on the walking tour and a thorough history talk, it was well worth it. I just recommend anyone looking into this tour, just ask to keep the group small, so you can hear and see his photos. The other walking tours we saw had over 20 people in the groups, the smaller the better. Really enjoyed this tour, learned a ton of new things about Salem's past other than witches.

Date of experience: October 2014
4  Thank veronica452
Reviewed October 21, 2014

Me & a group of friends from upstate ny (jewish alps) stayed recently in Salem at The Inn @ 116. Feeling the Halloween alure one evening we decided to partake in a local tour. We chose Salem Tunnel Tour. What a marvelous choice that was.
If you do not like history or
learning things I suggest you do not go on this tour, unlike previous reviewers who should have stayed home and watched tv.
Request Marijka to be your guide, cuz I wouldn't mind being trapped in the tunnels with her.

Date of experience: October 2014