Open today: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Braving the storm

After eleven hours braving a Nor'Easter and being completely soaked to the bone, my group was... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2018
stihlworking570
Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania
Interesting tour!

This tour was very informative and interesting! We learned way more about Salem and events that... read more

Reviewed October 17, 2018
Lindsay S
via mobile

All reviews guide chris witch trials murder tunnel tales history
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The website (and pics on it) suggest you'll be touring through tunnels. Not so. Most of them are filled in or blocked off. Makes sense because you would be able to enter other people's houses if they were open. You do get to follow along the path of a bunch of them and see some of the entrances. It's also a interesting tour about the history of Salem. Overall worth it but sorry, no tunnels

2  Thank hytman10
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I found this tour to be really interesting, going the weekend before Halloween also added some cool atmosphere to Salem. Amazing to see everyone if costume. The guide was very knowledgable about the tour and had some pictures for us all to see.

I misread the tour itself and I thought we were going in the tunnels itself, I did this as a Groupon voucher but it's worth the cost without the voucher. A must see attraction in Salem.

2  Thank DawnM1982
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This tour was not at all what it sounds like. We went into NO tunnels, but instead wandered around the most common areas of Salem while Chris rambled on about a ton of different families with no clear correlation, as well as tell us about his conversations with ghosts. He also started the tour by trying to get everyone to buy his children's books.There is no clear meeting place to start, but he instead has you wait in the corner of a dark park to get started. The tour was far too long to hold our attention, and the lack of continuity made it very hard to follow. Overall I would not do it again and I don't recommend it to others.

5  Thank HTip
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Excellent tour. The guy giving the tour is very knowledgeable and clearly very passionate about the town and its history. Although we didn't actually walk inside any tunnels, his enthusiasm more than made up for it. We were shown various entrances, photos taken inside them, and given detailed descriptions of them. He also made some amusing little observations along the way, and recounted some anecdotes of his past that related to the history. He's like a walking encyclopedia and has a good energy about him. Overall it was a great experience!

Management response:Responded June 7, 2017

I am glad you enjoyed the tour after all!!!
Cheers,
Chris

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I arranged for a private tour with 8 kids ages 8-11 and 3 adult leaders. Although the description on the website is accurate to what the tour is, the pictures are deceiving. You don't actually go into tunnels. We did have to cut the tour short as the attention span of the kids had been lost unfortunately. This tour is very interesting if you like history/interested in the old houses in Salem and what they resembled back then. This is not a tour for kids. That said, Chris (tour guide) was extremely patient and did his best to engage the kids. He told ghost stories and spoke to them directly. When the kids asked questions that had nothing to do with the tour, he was very responsive and answered their questions. I was impressed at his patience especially where the kids were not at full attention. I would definitely go back and do this tour again, but with adults only. It is worth the price.

Date of experience: August 2013