“Flashback from the past, an affordable must do in Salem, MA”
Review of Salem Toy Museum - CLOSED

Salem Toy Museum
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: Vintage Toy Museum and Gift ShopThe Salem Toy Museum is a celebration of the classic toys we all grew up with. On display are many of your childhood favorites that are still popular today! Fun facts and original advertising artwork are all part of the classic toy exhibit.The young and young-at-heart will be whisked back in time through displays of the toys that defined generations. This magical journey through the evolution of childhood also offers a glimpse into the cultureof the times.Visitors will be dazzled by the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and evensome 90s toys that are showcased in the museum. Come and visit us and be prepared to step back in time and enjoy the flood of memories.Children, History buffs, Collectors and those who appreciate the pop cultural aspect that make these timeless classics are sure to find enjoyment here.
Methuen
“Flashback from the past, an affordable must do in Salem, MA”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I enjoyed touring the museum so much and the fascinating stories from Frank made it even more exciting. There is so much to view in this toy museum that I am sure I only saw probably 1/3 of what was on display. So much captures your attention and you bounce from section to section beaming with childhood excitement. It is amazing how much I had forgot about my childhood, but being in this toy museum brought many memories to the front of my mind. I am looking forward to going back when I am in the area. I highly recommend a trip to the Salem Toy Museum, bring your friends, and bring your family. Your children will be surprised at the toys we had as children. A MUST DO EVENT!!!

Visited May 2013

“Stand back Witchy-poo, I'm just here for the toys.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Heaven (not in a half shell). Toys, toys, toys!!! There is so much to look at my eyes almost popped out of my head. My adrenalin started pumping as soon as I walked and didn't stop until I literally forced myself to leave. Frank is a fantastic host with a tonne of knowledge - a genuinely nice and passionate guy. The toys are fantastic and let me relive my late 70's early 80's childhood. A must see for anyone who was ever young. Thank you so much.

Visited July 2012
Salem, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Makes you feel like a kid again!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Love this place! been here many times and always new stuff to see! Its soo much fun! I bring all my visitors from out of town and the shop attached is full of fun super reasonable stuff!

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not to be missed if you like toys!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

If you enjoyed Christmas as a child of the 50's thru the 90's you will find something and likely lots of somethings that will bring back some memories of that morning. Frank is the consummate guide into the murky past of old toys that you had as a child in the US. also surprising is the amount of McDonaldland toys and displays he has to show. My son and I spent at least an hour looking at all of the displays and we both found Frank's collection to be amazing. Be sure to look for Frank and his museum on the Halloween edition of Toy Hunter in 2013.

West Warwick, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Love it!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband & I just visited the museum again, all new stuff, they always change it up! We love to visit every time we are in town....and the owner Frank is so much fun...he loves what he does!