“Don't be scared, this pizza is solid!!!”
Review of Essex Pizza

Essex Pizza
Ranked #52 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I was passing through Salem and I had time for a quick slice of pizza at Essex's N.Y. Deli and Pizza. Located in Museum Place, the downtown mall in Salem, Essex's N.Y. Deli and Pizza looks a bit dated. However, do not let that look fool you, the pizza is fantastic!! The service was also solid. Despite closing in a few minutes, the staff gladly prepared me and my buddy's orders and waited for us to finish with no rush what so ever. That is really appreciated!! The crust of the pizza was fresh, not too doughy and cooked perfectly. The sauce was tangy, sweet and the slice had the right amount of sauce on the pie. My pepperoni slice as well as my Mac and cheese/sausage slice were excellent. There was plenty of taste, cheese and sauce! The prices were more than reasonable. Perfecto!! Pizza is supposed to be simple and Essex's N.Y. Deli and Pizza simply does pizza right. I would recommend a stop at this pizza restaurant for a slice while in Salem!

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I eat here a lot and I am never disappointed with my food. Awesome staff, awesome food,what else could you ask for???

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We frequently eat at Essex's N.Y. Pizza & Deli, as we own a business in the area. The new owners now make their own chicken fingers, and the quality, size and taste of this new item is superb!!! I can safely say that I am now addicted to the chicken fingers!!! Must try if you haven't, you won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The only real deli in town serving a huge menu, beer, lots of room to sit, good prices, nice people.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was always a good spot to stop for a slice of pizza for a quick bite, but it has recently changed hands. The pizza slices seem dry as if they've been sitting out for a while. The kabob salad is fresh and delicious.

Been to Essex Pizza? Share your experiences!