“Our favorite "go to" restaurant”
Review of Bella Verona

Bella Verona
Ranked #17 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to Bella Verona for many many years. It is consistently great. Fantastic Italian food. Prompt and friendly service. Loved it so much we even had our rehearsal wedding dinner there. We met with the owner who created a fantastic meal for our rehearsal dinner. I always order the trout off the menu I love it so much. My husband will usually get one of the specials. And the highlight of the night is the unbelievable tiramisu! We will be returning again and again.

1  Thank Lisa H
sheila m, Owner at Bella Verona, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

I am so happy to hear you are still enjoying Bella Verona after all these years? We strive for consistency.We want you to feel like you are coming back home to someplace very familiar. See you soon, Giorgio

There are newer reviews for Bella Verona

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I chose to have my 60th birthday dinner at this fab restaurant. I was joined by friends and we all had a great time. The food was fresh and tasty and the service was as always, beyond reproach. This is a very small restaurant with big tasting food. We all had a great time and I was surprised by a special birthday dessert! The owner even came over to say hello! We've eaten here many times when vsiting Salem, and we were not disappointed. I highly recommend this spot. Great Italian food, reasonable prices and a taste of ole Italy. Thanks Bella Vernona fo making a "special" birthday so much more so.

3  Thank SKSC
sheila m, Owner at Bella Verona, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Wow,a big birthday and we are so lucky you planned to celebrate it at Bella Verona verona. We have been able to share so many wonderful events and special days with the families of our patrons. Hope to see you soon and here's to many more. Ciao,GIORGIO

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I recently returned to Bella Verona, having had a wonderful experience in February. Then, it was a midweek snowy evening two days before Valentine's Day, so we had the place practically to ourselves. This time around -- a Saturday night in much better weather -- we nearly left almost as soon as we arrived at 6 pm. Not only was the place already packed, but also there was a large, loud party with small children.

We endured the din for about 15 minutes while waiting to order, then couldn't stand it any more and decided to leave. As we stood and put on our coats, a concerned staffer (waiter or manager, don't remember) came over to find out what was the matter. We told him. He apologized, and said that the large party was just then paying the bill. We hesitated, then decided to stay.

After another few minutes, the loud party left, to the relief of everyone else in the tiny dining room. It was still packed, but the noise was very manageable. We ended up having another excellent meal. My husband again pronounced the pasta perfectly cooked. I had the cioppino, which was delicious, if a bit too heavy on the mussels.

4  Thank LPLimon
sheila m, Owner at Bella Verona, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

So nice of you to visit again. I am happy our host was able to find you a more tranquil table.sometimes people can get a little loud when they are in a holiday mood. Looking forward to catching up with you on another night. Giorgio

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been a long time patron of Bella Verona. It's been our "go-to" Italian restaurant. The food was always great and worth the very cramped environment.

However, in the past few months, something has changed. We had 2 terrible meals (one was for a birthday). The salad looked like it came out of a bag. A veal main course was tasteless. There was a vegetable side that was inedible and seemed like it came out of a can (everyone at the table concurred). The pasta was bland beyond belief -- it took more than salt and pepper to revive it.

It's honestly like there's a new chef or something else dramatic. We're very disappointed.

4  Thank Scott S
sheila m, Owner at Bella Verona, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I am very sorry for your bad experience at Bella Verona. We are in our 19th year in Salem and we are proud to have the same chef. We pride ourselves on authentic Italian food from the Veneto region. I only wish you would have said something while you were at the restaurant so we could have remedied your complaints. It is very surprising for us that everything was so bad and you did not say anything.Our motto is ,tell us if you are unhappy and tell everyone else if you are happy. Giorgio

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This tiny restaurant proved to be a big surprise. We chose this restaurant, based on the recommendation of a local. We had an appetizer special, Eggplant & Shrimp. My son had never had eggplant before and absolutely loved it. We both had the chicken entrée special - also, excellent. The food was such a pleasant surprise, that my 12 year old son asked that we return the next night for dinner. We did! Our waitresses, Alex and Christine, were extremely professional and provided prompt service. They greeted us with a smile and made some excellent recommendations. Overall, an wonderful dining experience both in food and service.

3  Thank Leesmom

Thank you so much for your great review of our restaurant. We are so lucky to have clients like yourselves.After 19 years of serving the North Shore we never tire of compliments. Giorgio

Been to Bella Verona? Share your experiences!