“Good experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Good experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I have only good things to say about our experience at Bella Verona. We were underdressed, since we were heading to a haunted tour afterwards, and didn't have reservations, but they took us right away with a smile. Our server, Todd, was friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and stopped by often to check on us. We had two other helpers stop by to clear the dishes and refill our water. The calamari was flavorful, the linguini with scallops and shrimp tasty and my son loved his risotto with seafood. It's not really a place for families with little kids and the tables are close together, but it was delicious and we loved everything about the restaurant.

1 Thank 639kathyc

Groton, Massachusetts
“Don't believe all the hype”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Review for Bella Verona

Came here on the advice of a Salem native who told us it was her favorite restaurant & after reading many glowing reviews. Our experience was beyond disappointing. First they seated our family right next to the kitchen when there were a number of better tables open. The bread unremarkable, no olive oil or even butter was provided. The entree portions were ridiculously small, given the high prices they charge.

My husband whispered to me, "Are they kidding?" when his entree arrived. He was appalled at how tiny it was.

My husband said his entree was so-so & my daughter commented that her entree was bland. When I tasted hers I had to agree.

As if all this weren't bad enough, our server ignored my repeated attempts to speak with her regarding a concern about my entree walking right by me whenever I tried to speak with her. Instead she brought over the owner, who was rude & condescending. When I asked for a replacement for the Linquini Capesante e Gamberi that I ordered, as the one they served me had so much pepper on it that totally masked the flavor of the dish & was inedible, he chastized me, basically told me it was tough luck, that if he replaced my entree, he would have to charge me for it. It made me feel like I was contemptuous for having the nerve to insult him by suggesting that his food was less than perfect.

I was in tears when we left, my evening ruined. I will NEVER set foot in Bella Verona again.

In my opinion, this restaurant does not live up to all the hype. They are overpriced & their food is passable at best. They have clearly become so complacent at this point that they are simply resting on their laurels. And their owner & staff are incredibly rude, so don't make any special requests & be sure to gush over their food if you want them to treat you with any respect.

6 Thank Ravenclaw27
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Veal Scallopine”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A very small place across the street from the Hawthorne Hotel. Great veal scaloppine, terrific spaghetti in a creamy tomato sauce. The best restaurant in Salem.

1 Thank eaglesclaw121
Salem, Massachusetts
“I just love the food and People !”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I live hear in Salem and own a business and just love going over to the Bella ! The food is great and the people are so nice from the staff to the owners who work as hard as the staff to make sure you get a delicious meal and good service ! I give them 10 stars and will be back soon!

Middleton, Massachusetts
“North End Quality on the northshore”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Bella verona is a intimate restaurant offering delicious pasta, meat, soups, and fish dishes on the regular menu. This is enhanced by daily specials. Several of the spicier dishes can be seasoned to your taste on a scale from 1-10. The pasta with sausage,mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes was prepared aldente and was extremly flavorful. Also the pork tenderloin in wine onion sauce was tender and tasty. A varied list of assorted wine/beer/drinks is available. Sumptous Desserts Call for weekend reservations

• Visited June 2013

Been to Bella Verona? Share your experiences!