“Polish Market!”

Polonus European Deli
Ranked #51 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 5, 2012

A great place to find the hard-to-find foods of central Europe. Sandwiches are good, too.

1  Thank laclai

Reviewed October 9, 2011

We walked into the Polonus Deli off the very crowded street and were immediately greeted with the great smell of a good Euro Deli. We had perogis and kelbasa that was out of this world! I would highly recommend a lunch time visit ! You can also find many great European canned goods and chocolates...if you've had European chocolates before, you know what I'm talking about.

1  Thank LongIslandGman
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I visit Polonus's every time I visit salem they have a large verity of different food jared roasted peppers, all kinds of jared beets ect. also they have this round bread baked with a creamcheese it is to die for also I buy to bring home with me a loaf of there funflower bread,and they also have wheat rolls with all kinds of seeds sunflower,sesme poppy ect they are great

1  Thank dotandtiff
Reviewed October 6, 2008

For dinner I had fried kielbasa, fried pirogies, and bigos.

Many consider Bigos to be the national dish of Poland. It's a savory stew of cabbage and meat, and it's delicious. The shredded cabbage tastes more like angel hair and less like sauerkraut. I'm surprised I've never heard of it. It was really good.

Their fried kielbasa was okay. I think it might be even better if they sliced it before frying. But on the other hand you can only have so much cholesterol.

The fried pirogies were also good. They remind me of fried raviolis I've eaten at The Chateau and Nocera's.

Be sure not to get there too late. They tend to close in the mid to late afternoon.

They also have ice cream, and I'm sure their deli meats are very good.

They also have many european food products (including candy!).

They have many other items on their menu, including donuts. I guess they have just about everything.

1  Thank unohu