“Best Dinner on our New England Trip!”
Review of Witch's Brew Cafe

Witch's Brew Cafe
Ranked #36 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We decided to go here for dinner because it was close to our b&b (The Stephen Daniel's house) and it said something about a "witch" in the title so i had to try it -being the typical tourist. The food was AMAZING. I had the baked stuffed sole and my boyfriend had the Land and Sea Baked Stuffed Shrimp and Steak Tips...we both were just raving about it. Very fresh and tasty!

1  Thank Alicia U

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Quaint tavern atmosphere. Had a nice experience. Waitress helpful and accommodating. Like our dessert and that it was a nice atmosphere at lunch time without hustle bustle.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Friends recommended we try the witches brew, said the food was good, I went with my boyfriend, did not agree!!!! The prices were good, and the atmosphere was very nice, but the food was bland and tasteless . . .I never ever use salt, and I had to salt my food like 4 times, I ordered the ratatoulle and it was bland as hell. My boyfriend got the pork chops which were only slightly better, but not much. With so many restaurants in that area, I think the Witches Brew should "spice up their food", and their menu with some sandwich options!! Shape up you witches!!!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hi, we went to the Witches Brew a few weeks ago by a good recommendation of a friend, but we were disappointed. The atmosphere was very nice and the waiter was excellent, but the food left a lot to be desired. I got the ratatoullie, and it had absolutely NO flavor to it. I never ever use salt, but I needed to salt this dish at least 4 times, and it was still bland as ever. My boyfriend got the pork chops which were also so-so, not as bad as my dish, but nothing to write home about. The menu was lacking, they had hardly any sandwiches to choose from either. They need to spice up their food, and their menu selections! There are way too many other places to eat around there, they need to be a step above the rest, and are not quite there yet . . . .

Reviewed December 8, 2012

When I first saw pictures of the Witch’s Brew Café and thought the outside looked like an old witch’s house, I knew it would fit in perfectly with our visit to Salem. After reading the excellent reviews, I knew we had to eat here. We came for lunch and were seated right away. The dining area where we ate was very nice with a lovely copper panel ceiling, Tiffany lamps, wood paneling and a stone wall. There is also a separate bar area with smaller tables. I heard that their Witch’s Brew Beef Tips and Witch’s Brew Chicken were excellent, but as we were going out for a big birthday dinner that night, we each choose the Chef salad. It came with a big hunk of roast beef like I’ve never seen on a salad before and also included cheese and other veggie goodies. It was very good. I would have given this review more stars but I have to say that our waitress was not very warm and fuzzy and it seemed that she was doing us a favor by serving us. It took her a while to even come by to see how everything was and if we wanted anything else, even just water. But, the food was good and the atmosphere was nice so I would suggest coming here. Next visit we’ll try their specialties.

Been to Witch's Brew Cafe? Share your experiences!