Finz Seafood & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Finz Seafood & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 237 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: new derby
Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
Description: Award winning Seafood restaurant, located on Historic Pickering Wharf, Waterfront Dining, outside deck. Fresh Local Seafood, Raw Bar, full Grill menu, Chef inspired Menu using Local ingredients and Daily Specials. Lively Bar featuring a large selection of Local Micro-Brews.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm guessing you're not really going to Salem for the food (although it was pointed out to us that they are building a "restaurant row", so that may not be totally true), but of you want a solid seafood dinner with good service and a nice setting, you can't go wrong with Finz. I had the NE clam chowder which was very good and then decided to throw the gauntlet down at a steamed 3 lb lobster, which was meaty and yummy! The side potatoes and veggies were fine and aside for the $62 for my dinner which I thought was a little high (but, yolo!!), I would easily recommend Finz.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We wanted clam chowder and the local's told us that it was best at Finz. We chose to get it to go and eat it out by the water and it was delicious.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

First I'll say we were with a group so this might have been one of the reasons for the disappointment in quantity. There were a variety of entrees offered and we chose ahead of time. I ordered the Chicken Ceasar Salad, there was maybe 1/2 of a small square plate of salad and a small chicken breast grilled on the plate. There was very little dressing (it was already on the salad and it was not offered on the side). I wish I would have ordered one of the other options. The Chicken Tenders were very thin and crispy. At our table these were the only two options chosen. So we had a disappointing meal. What there was of it was OK but not great. I would go back and try again if I was able to order off the regular menu. Our servers were not very enthusiastic or overly friendly, they seemed to feel put out when they had to refill our drinks, we were all thirsty from walking in Salem.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The restaurant is right on the canal and we had lunch on their outside terrace on a very sunny and warm October day. The place was pretty crowded but we were seated and ordered swiftly.

We had some very nice tuna sesame steaks on an asian style salad. The tuna steaks were big, tasty and perfectly cooked (i.e. just seared). Starters were also good. Dessert was delicious: cookie dough with brownie ice cream and chocolate fudge. Yum!

Service was a bit of a let down as it took a while to get the food to our tables and drinks were not refilled as often as they should have been. Also it took ages to get the bill and waitress forgot about our table a few times. Otherwise it would have been 5 out 5 for me. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went to restaurant for the first time, as we were visiting Salem. There were six of us, including a 6 year old and 16 year old. The waitress was attentive and pleasant, indicating children's menu and answering our questions about specific dishes. The food was excellent and brought in timely. Drinks were refilled as needed. We were allowed to enjoy our meal without feeling rushed, even though the restaurant was busy.

Been to Finz Seafood & Grill? Share your experiences!