“Fabulous little place with BIG sandwiches”
Review of Custom House Rotisserie - CLOSED

Custom House Rotisserie
Cuisines: American
Description: The restaurant is listed on yelp.com with over 40 reviews.
Description: The restaurant is listed on yelp.com with over 40 reviews.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Fabulous little place with BIG sandwiches”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Really impressed by the quality of the food, and the service, at this great little lunch spot next to the Salem Witch Trial Memorial and Old Burial Ground. Good to see that ethically produced poultry is used too - caring for the product from start to finish.

• Visited August 2012

Louisville, Kentucky
“Would recommend this restaurant!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

While on a day trip to Salem, we happened upon this restaurant while heading to the burial grounds...it is right next to it. I got the BBQ pulled pork and macaroni and it was super. It is a small place and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is due to the lack of seating. We had to wait for one of the few tables outside to open. Food is great, they just need more seating. We would recommened and would go back.

• Visited July 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Excellent food at a great price.”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were vacationing for 4 days in Boston, and our last day decided to go to Salem. We were in town on a Tuesday so the town itself wasn't terribly busy. After walking around doing the "tourist" thing for a while, we used an app on my phone to see what might be good to eat. Our previous dining experiences in Boston on this trip were very expensive with mediocre food. Thankfully, we found Custom house Rotisserie.

Both my wife and I had a chicken pot pie with mashed potatoes, squash and cornbread. All the food was absolutely wonderful. The pot pie was full of flavor and had a lot of fresh rotisserie chicken in it. The potatoes with gravy and squash were delicious as well. Then the cornbread. Wow. More like cornbread cake. It was probably the best cornbread I have eaten. Moist and delicious. It completely made up for the cornbread were were served at a restaurant in Boston a couple days earlier - that was cornbread that would have been better purposed as a hockey puck. My wife was full by the time she finished everything but the cornbread, so I wrapped it up and put it in my backpack. Was a perfect treat for us to split on the commuter train ride back to Boston at the end of the day.

I would imagine a lot of locals frequent this place. If I lived in the area, I would probably eat there weekly. The service was fast and friendly and the prices were more than reasonable. After eating out so many meals on this vacation, many of which were high priced in "nice" restaurants, this meal at Custom House Rotisserie was by far the best of our trip. I doubt I will be back in the Boston area any time soon, but if I am, I will take a train ride up to Salem just so I can eat here one more time.

Thank you Custom House Rotisserie for giving us our one great meal on our trip!

• Visited June 2012
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“excellent sandwiches!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

stumbled upon this place quite by accident while visiting Old Burial Point. the Thanksgiving sandwich was amazing as was the Lemom Herb chicken. The side dishes were great and generous servings.

Visited July 2012
“Great food. Good price. Not a tourist trap.”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stumbled on this place at dinner time. It sits right in the tourist area, but it is good home cooking at a fair price.