“Excellent food at a great price.”
Review of Custom House Rotisserie - CLOSED

Custom House Rotisserie
Cuisines: American
Description: The restaurant is listed on yelp.com with over 40 reviews.
Description: The restaurant is listed on yelp.com with over 40 reviews.
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were vacationing for 4 days in Boston, and our last day decided to go to Salem. We were in town on a Tuesday so the town itself wasn't terribly busy. After walking around doing the "tourist" thing for a while, we used an app on my phone to see what might be good to eat. Our previous dining experiences in Boston on this trip were very expensive with mediocre food. Thankfully, we found Custom house Rotisserie.

Both my wife and I had a chicken pot pie with mashed potatoes, squash and cornbread. All the food was absolutely wonderful. The pot pie was full of flavor and had a lot of fresh rotisserie chicken in it. The potatoes with gravy and squash were delicious as well. Then the cornbread. Wow. More like cornbread cake. It was probably the best cornbread I have eaten. Moist and delicious. It completely made up for the cornbread were were served at a restaurant in Boston a couple days earlier - that was cornbread that would have been better purposed as a hockey puck. My wife was full by the time she finished everything but the cornbread, so I wrapped it up and put it in my backpack. Was a perfect treat for us to split on the commuter train ride back to Boston at the end of the day.

I would imagine a lot of locals frequent this place. If I lived in the area, I would probably eat there weekly. The service was fast and friendly and the prices were more than reasonable. After eating out so many meals on this vacation, many of which were high priced in "nice" restaurants, this meal at Custom House Rotisserie was by far the best of our trip. I doubt I will be back in the Boston area any time soon, but if I am, I will take a train ride up to Salem just so I can eat here one more time.

Thank you Custom House Rotisserie for giving us our one great meal on our trip!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

stumbled upon this place quite by accident while visiting Old Burial Point. the Thanksgiving sandwich was amazing as was the Lemom Herb chicken. The side dishes were great and generous servings.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stumbled on this place at dinner time. It sits right in the tourist area, but it is good home cooking at a fair price.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Nice, friendly owners. Delicious turkey sandwich and tomato sausage soup. Plus they deliver for free with $ 10 min purchase.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I enjoy their lemon chicken sandwich. Friendly staff goes out of their way for a great and quick dinning experience! Check it out! I tell my friends who visit Salem to come here for lunch. All have good reviews!

1  Thank Haileelynn