1,430 results
All reviews cheese bread bob shea rebecca nurse room rooftop deck other guests within walking distance common room place to stay granola gracious hosts sitting room new england breakfast table breakfast was delicious salem ferry top floor third floor
Reviewed December 30, 2017

My girlfriend and I have stayed at Morning Glory B&B twice so far, both times in October, and both times have been amazing. Bob takes such good care of everything and is there for you whatever you need. Both times we stayed in the Sarah Good Suite and everything from the bedroom, to the bathroom and the smaller adjoining room was spotless. Bob makes a great little breakfast in the morning before you start the day and by the time you get back, Bob has already taken care of the sheets and cleaning. It is a little bit out of the way from town, but thats what also makes it kinda nice because you get to relax when you are done. Cant thank Bob enough for the great times and will be staying here again in the future.

Room tip: Sarah Good has direct access to roof with table and chairs
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Hello ladies and thank you once again for choosing Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast for your October get away. It is always so wonderful to welcome back repeat guest who I come to refer to as friends more so than guests. I do love to pamper my guests with a healthy homemade breakfast, a clean room and any advice on touring this amazing city of Salem. It was my pleasure to welcome you ladies back once again and I do look forward to your next visit. Sending you both my very best!

Reviewed December 6, 2017

We spent a five nights at the Morning Glory, and we could not have been happier with our choice. I had never been to MA, but had always wanted to visit Salem. We are from a very small town in the Midwest, and Bob's hospitality was just what we were looking for when away from home. Our room was very well taken care of throughout the week, and everything was clean. The breakfasts were some of the best meals we had all week, and Bob and the other guests gave us some great recommendations for restaurants and activities. The Morning Glory is very close to the ferry, the House of 7 Gables, and shops and cafes. It is walking distance to everything else of interest in Salem. We definitely hope to get back to Salem someday, and I know we will stay at the Morning Glory again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Jessica and thank you for sharing your positive experience at Morning Glory with other tripadvisor travelers. Although I was grateful for your kind words with respect to the homemade breakfast, the cleanliness of your room and the ideal location of Morning Glory, I think I was most grateful for you comparing my hospitality to that of someone from a small Midwest town...that is a true compliment! I am happy that you hope to come back to Salem and that if you do, you will chose Morning Glory as your go to B&B. Sending you both my very best!

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Where to begin, my husband and I stayed at the morning glory this past weekend. The location is perfect. Walking distance from everything. We stayed in the sarah good room. We had the whole third floor to ourself, our own entrance and patio overlooking the water. The room was beautiful, immaculately clean. And very cozy. Words can not describe how good breakfast was. One morning we had pancakes with fresh fruit and top with walnuts. Bob also makes the best homemade cheese bread. Bob the owner is the most kind, sweet and hard working man. He makes you feel right at home. I’m very picky with b&b and this surpass my expectations! We can’t wait to go back next year! I recommend this b&b 100%

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Wow...Thank you Julie for posting such a flattering review. I was thrilled to read that the location of the B&B, the comfort of your room and the homemade breakfast surpassed your expectations...this coming from a self proclaimed "picky" person. ;) Thank you for your full fledged recommendation and I most definitely look forward to your return visit. Sending you both my very best!

Reviewed November 13, 2017

Apologies for a much overdue review as I stayed in July! Bob has clearly put blood, sweat, and tears into rennovating this property and it shows. Historic loveliness, convenient location (a pleasatn 15 minute walk out of the hustle and bustle and quiet enough to sleep), on site parking, and thoughtful details like night-lights in unfamiliar bathrooms and a fridge for guests in the common area. Can't say enough about it!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you Elizabeth for your lovely review and no apologies necessary. It is true that I did (and continue to) pour my heart and soul into my bed & breakfast...it is my passion and I consider myself very lucky to be able to do what I love. Thank you for your thumbs up all around. I hope you can break away again and visit with me at some point down the road. Until then, I send you my very best!

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

This was the year we knocked Salem Ma. off our annual Halloween Travel Adventure Bucket List. At our advanced age, it will most likely be the one and only time we visit Salem. So it was quite a lucky find that we discovered MGB&B.

Bob was a warm, informative, engaging and efficient host. Our room - Elizabeth Howe - was always well kept and clean. And having a private deck and rear entrance proved invaluable for our late night returns.

Morning Glory is spectacularly located, and we were able to see the entire downtown sights without ever needing a car.

Beautiful home in a beautiful town managed by the nicest of hosts. If you wish to meet historic Salem from the people up, the Morning Glory experience cannot be beat!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello Eric and thank you for this very flattering review. Happy to read that you are chipping away at your bucket list and were finally able to check off "Visit to Salem, MA for Halloween"! Lol The Elizabeth Howe room is convenient in that it does have its own private entrance off of the back porch for early morning departures or late evening arrivals. Additionally, there is a small table and chairs with a lovely view of the harbor where guests can relax in the early morning hours with a hot cup of coffee before breakfast or in the later evening hours before bedtime with a nice glass of wine. I truly appreciate all of your kind words. Keep chipping away at that bucket list! Sending you both my very best!