“The best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2006

This bed and breakfast has it all. Wonderfull hosts (Bob and Mary-anne) made us so welcome we didn't want to leave. The room was a great size, very comfortable bed and spotless. The rooftop decking is a splendid place to spend an afternoon or evening with a nice glass of wine and a book (or some company). Its location is just perfect to explore Salem by foot and if you want information on the local area then Bob is your man.
It deserves its number 1 spot on this website.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank calimerox
There are newer reviews for Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed July 26, 2006

Without a reservation we, party of 4, stumbled upon a lovely bed & breakfast that we could recommend to anyone, who is looking for friendly, meticulously maintained, tastefully decorated
rooms. The beds are great, the breakfast was wonderful and the top floor deck with oceanview is a great place to wind down after a day of sightseeing. By the way, you're only steps away from Salem's harbor and historic walking trail. There's nothing not to like. Check it out on the web!

2  Thank xirt
Reviewed July 25, 2006

We happened on the Morning Glory B&B although we planned to make only a quick day stop in Salem. We had a great room - loved the decor throughout the house. Bob was a wonderful host, very accomodating to our needs. We'd certainly travel from Louisiana to stay there again.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Momnana
Reviewed July 24, 2006

My fiancé and I recently had a pleasant nights stay at the Morning Glory. We decided not to arrange sleeping accommodations for our trip which can sometimes be a bit stressful. We saw this B&B while visiting the House of Seven Gables. After seeing the sites we decided that it would be a hassle to leave town to find a place to stay. So we called were happy to hear from Bob (the host/owner) that there was a room available since it's a busy time of year.

We stayed in the Sarah Good Room which is on the top floor, it's quite large, and the bed was quite comfortable. It was also very quite. There is also an observation deck where you can sit out and stargaze on a warm summer night.

We arrived at breakfast pretty late, but all the items were quite tasty. It was a bit on the 'continental' side, but still quite satisfying. I guess we are bit spoiled in this area.

We would stay there again and recommend it to others as well.

1  Thank backeastagain
Reviewed July 24, 2006

Stayed for one night with visiting family during Memorial Day weekend. This place is so centrally located near all the main historic attractions of old Salem Village that it really cannot be beat! You can walk everywhere.
While the rooms were not exactly my taste, I never-the- less found them very tasteful and really admire our host Bob's committment to a decor that can be described as sunny romantic with a bit of country Victorian. For the most part the rooms were spacious, clean, and well-stocked with the exception of the common area adjoining the Sara Good Room (which it should be noted Bob had not initially intended for our use, but very graciously invited us to stretch out in). The room includes a pull-out sofa which could stand a good cleaning inside and out. Something tells me that room -- stocked as it is with a tv, dvd, small fridge, and board games -- sees a lot of happy use by families with small children!
I was somewhat surprised by the breakfast- which is continental. Breakfast is my favorite meal and I was expecting...well, more! But that said, the entire meal service, the table setting, atmosphere, and guests, were just superb! During our meal Bob sat and chatted with us before we were joined by two other parties of guests, whom we also got to talk with. Getting to know people from other places is half the fun of staying at B&Bs, I guess that's why I was expecting something more to the breakfast. As it was, Bob made a lovely fruit salad and served it with cold home-baked fruit breads that his mom bakes for him. (What a nice mom!) He offers a pamphlet with several of her recipes for a dollar.
Bob grew up in the area and is a master when it comes to knowing all the spots to visit in Salem. To be honest, I was content to just stay at the inn, sunning on the third-floor's roof deck and watching the boats from this wonderful vantage point as they ranged so picturesquely along the Salem Harbor.
One tip: If you're on the roof deck and it has rained recently, be careful not to sit in the water that puddles onto the patio table's chairs from the umbrella! Just one of the "dangers" of having a deck patio I guess!
If you're traveling to Salem, stay at the Morning Glory. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank suparran
Reviewed July 22, 2006

The Morning Glory B&B was a wonderful place to stay. It was tastefully decorated, clean, and very comfortable. Bob was a gracious and accomodating host. My wife and I went for the weekened to relax and have down time and we accomplished our goal. I would definitely go back and recommend this B&B to friends and family.

1  Thank amdrewm
Reviewed July 19, 2006

My husband and I recently visited Salem and stayed at the Morning Glory B & B. The room was extra comfy and the view from our porch was beautiful. We plan on making more trips to Salem and we hope that this wonderful B & B is available every time.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank suntulip21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!