1,429 results
All reviews cheese bread bob shea rebecca nurse room rooftop deck other guests within walking distance place to stay granola gracious hosts new england breakfast table breakfast was delicious salem ferry top floor third floor beautiful house b bs
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Where to begin, my husband and I stayed at the morning glory this past weekend. The location is perfect. Walking distance from everything. We stayed in the sarah good room. We had the whole third floor to ourself, our own entrance and patio overlooking the water. The room was beautiful, immaculately clean. And very cozy. Words can not describe how good breakfast was. One morning we had pancakes with fresh fruit and top with walnuts. Bob also makes the best homemade cheese bread. Bob the owner is the most kind, sweet and hard working man. He makes you feel right at home. I’m very picky with b&b and this surpass my expectations! We can’t wait to go back next year! I recommend this b&b 100%

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Wow...Thank you Julie for posting such a flattering review. I was thrilled to read that the location of the B&B, the comfort of your room and the homemade breakfast surpassed your expectations...this coming from a self proclaimed "picky" person. ;) Thank you for your full fledged recommendation and I most definitely look forward to your return visit. Sending you both my very best!

Reviewed November 13, 2017

Apologies for a much overdue review as I stayed in July! Bob has clearly put blood, sweat, and tears into rennovating this property and it shows. Historic loveliness, convenient location (a pleasatn 15 minute walk out of the hustle and bustle and quiet enough to sleep), on site parking, and thoughtful details like night-lights in unfamiliar bathrooms and a fridge for guests in the common area. Can't say enough about it!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you Elizabeth for your lovely review and no apologies necessary. It is true that I did (and continue to) pour my heart and soul into my bed & breakfast...it is my passion and I consider myself very lucky to be able to do what I love. Thank you for your thumbs up all around. I hope you can break away again and visit with me at some point down the road. Until then, I send you my very best!

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

This was the year we knocked Salem Ma. off our annual Halloween Travel Adventure Bucket List. At our advanced age, it will most likely be the one and only time we visit Salem. So it was quite a lucky find that we discovered MGB&B.

Bob was a warm, informative, engaging and efficient host. Our room - Elizabeth Howe - was always well kept and clean. And having a private deck and rear entrance proved invaluable for our late night returns.

Morning Glory is spectacularly located, and we were able to see the entire downtown sights without ever needing a car.

Beautiful home in a beautiful town managed by the nicest of hosts. If you wish to meet historic Salem from the people up, the Morning Glory experience cannot be beat!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello Eric and thank you for this very flattering review. Happy to read that you are chipping away at your bucket list and were finally able to check off "Visit to Salem, MA for Halloween"! Lol The Elizabeth Howe room is convenient in that it does have its own private entrance off of the back porch for early morning departures or late evening arrivals. Additionally, there is a small table and chairs with a lovely view of the harbor where guests can relax in the early morning hours with a hot cup of coffee before breakfast or in the later evening hours before bedtime with a nice glass of wine. I truly appreciate all of your kind words. Keep chipping away at that bucket list! Sending you both my very best!

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

We can’t say enough about the comfort and quality we experienced at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast. We arrived fairly late after a long flight, getting a car and driving in Boston rush hour traffic. We stayed in the Rebecca Nurse room which had a working fireplace, comfy queen bed and immaculate bed linens. Lots of nice amenities included shampoo, makeup towelettes & hair dryer. Did I mention the delicious breakfast of pancakes, sausage, fresh fruits, cereal, cheese bread and more? Bob made us feel so much at home, he is a delight. Quiet, clean, comfy in a walkable neighborhood across the street from the House of Seven Gables. Make sure you buy one of his Mom’s handmade witches. We shall return.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello "TigerFans" and thank you for sharing your thoughts on your "superior accommodations". I was flattered by all the kind words you had to say and it only fuels me to keep on providing the best overall experience I possibly can for each and every guest. Thrilled you enjoyed the homemade breakfast along with the small details and touches that gave your stay such a homey feel. I hope you are able to revisit Salem and Morning Glory at some future date. Sending you both my very best!

Reviewed November 2, 2017

My husband and I spent a night there for an event in Salem and stayed in the Rebecca Nurse room. It is a good-sized room that faces the side street bordering the House of Seven Gables on one side and the entrance to the house on the other (away from the main street). The bed was extremely comfortable. The sheets felt especially nice. The room is well laid out with a sitting area in front of the fireplace. There were two small closets, plenty of bureau storage space and racks for placing your suitcase on. The bathroom was good-sized with a tub/shower combination, shelf space, etc. Breakfast was yummy with homemade pancakes, real maple syrup, fresh fruit and more. We particularly enjoyed chatting with owner Bob and other guests. We would certainly stay here again. It had a wonderful, welcoming at-home feel. As an added bonus, it is within a short walking distance to the center of Salem with museums, the National Park, restaurants and shopping, and it is right next door to the House of Seven Gables.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Nan and thank you for taking the time to submit such a lovely review. Thank you for your compliments on the bedding and sheets. Glad too that you savored some time in front of the fireplace. It is such an added bonus, especially in November! Brrrr. Hope you enjoyed it maybe with a glass of wine? :) I enjoyed talking with you both over breakfast too; probably my favorite part of my work. Please come and visit with me again. Sending you both my very best!