“Tony C”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Tony C”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Morning Glory B&B for one night in early May on our way back from Rockport to Logan airport and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Bob was a very welcoming host and was just planting out the flower trays when we arrived, adding further to the attractiveness of the building. We greatly appreciated the comfort and quietness of the room, along with the facilities in the lounge area including tea/coffee making, books, music and PC with internet. Everything spic and span. And a brilliant location next door to the House of the Seven Gables and - for those who like exploring on foot - only 5 minutes walk to a waterfront centre of shops and restaurants (Finz highly recommended but at least 2 others as well) and only 15 minutes to the centre of town including Salem's Visitor Centre and other attractions (the McIntyre Historic District with its fine houses should be top of the list for those who aren't there just to learn more about the witch trials).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hello Tony and thank you so much for wasting no time to submit such a lovely review of your stay! You and your wife certainly accomplished a lot during your one day stay in Historic Salem! Nathaniel Hawthorne's House of the Seven Gables and the McIntire District boasting stunning period homes are two of the many gems Salem has to offer. Thank you Tony for your many kind words - I certainly appreciate it! Please do visit again and if you do, I hope you can spend a few days more to explore! I send you both my very best!

Bob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Topsham, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed only two nights but truly felt welcome in the Morning Glory. We stayed in the Rebecca Nurse room which was roomy and cozy at the same time. The sitting room was a great place for morning coffee and to chat with others. The patios had lovely views as well.

Breakfast, well, that was a treat! I had to try the cheese bread, which you must also try when you go. One morning we had pancakes topped with syrup and fruit and it was delish!

The inn is located within a short walk to many of Salem's attractions. The trolley has a stop across the street at the House of Seven Gables across the street. It is pretty easy to get around Salem from the inn.

Bob is truly a gracious host. He and his partner Marcel renovated the inn themselves (look at the photo album in the sitting room for pictures, it is amazing the work they did). They truly made it into a welcoming, comfortable inn. I thanked Bob in person, and thanked Marcel in spirit near the memorial plaque in the rose garden.

We hope to be back for a longer stay. If you are staying in Salem, you will not be disappointed if you stay at the Morning Glory.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Wow...thank you so very much for posting your glowing review of your two night stay at Morning Glory! Thank you for all of your kind words; from the cozy room, the delicious breakfast, the ideal location to the warm hospitality you and your daughter received. I was especially touched by the lovely stone you left by Marcel's memorial plaque in the rose garden!!! Hmmmmmmm. I most certainly look forward to having you both stay with me again the next time you come to Salem! Until then, I send you both my very best!

Adams Center, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

My wife and I just got back from Salem and couldn't wait to tell everyone how much we loved the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast. We have never stayed at a B&B so we weren't sure what to expect. From the moment we walked in until we left we felt as if we were at home. Bob is a fantastic host and he makes you feel like you have been friends forever. We stayed in the Rebecca Nurse room and it was a perfect room for us big and comfortable. We enjoyed the common area with the comfortable couch and chairs we would grab a cup of coffee and sit and relax after a day of walking. If you are looking for a place to stay that is like home not a hotel this is the place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Scott and my thanks to you for a very flattering post to TripAdvisor! The feeling was mutual as I felt the very same connection to you and your lovely wife. I genuinely treat each and every guest as a friend and work hard to make sure that their stay at Morning Glory is as comfortable and memorable as possible. I am so glad you felt like being in a "home" during your stay and that your first B&B experience was indeed, a memorable one! I look forward to seeing you again and I send you both my very best!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My friend and I stayed in the Elizabeth Howe room. We both cannot say enough good things about the Morning Glory and the owner, Bob Shea. The house is charming with lots of lovely little touches that make all the difference. Bob is just wonderful. He really cares about his guests and we became great friends with him. This seems to be the experience of the other guests too. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for Bob. The location of the B&B is quiet but still within walking distance of everywhere in Salem. I would heartily recommend the Morning Glory to everyone and if we return to Salem, we would definitely try and stay there again. To anyone already planning on staying at the Morning Glory, try the fantastic homemade cheese bread - it's fantastic.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Lisa and thank you so very much for your very positive review of your recent stay at Morning Glory! Your five night stay with your friend Saroya seemed to fly by as you stayed very busy discovering the many wonderful attractions in our historic city of Salem. Thank you Lisa for your high praise! I try my very best to accommodate each and every guest, no matter what their needs may be. You both were an absolute delight and I certainly hope you get the chance to cross the pond again to visit Salem and Morning Glory again in the future. Until then, I send you both my very best!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

My Partner and I spent a long wkend in Salem, staying at the Morning Glory. Bob the owner was more than helpful from the moment we got there to the moment we left. Our Room Bridget Bishop was cozy, comfortable and quiet. The view from the rooftop deck was amazing and a lovely place to relax. We would definately stay here again if we go back to Salem...

PS Bob's home made granola was kickass!

Room Tip: Any of them!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Kat and thank you for posting your lovely review to TripAdvisor! I truly enjoyed talking with you and your partner Ashley each morning over breakfast. We sure had a lot of laughs! I was happy that our weather finally cooperated enough for you both to relax and enjoy the ocean views from the roof top deck. It certainly has been a long winter! Thank you too for your many compliments; especially on the home-made granola. I was happy to share the recipe with you! Please do come and visit with me again and until that time, I send you both my very best!

Poughquag, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Bob is wonderful and the place is absolutely charming. I bought my wife a Christmas gift of a weekend away in Salem (she had been there and liked it, I hadn't) at a B&B. We had a great time in the city, but a hallmark of the experience was the time we spent Morning Glory. Very well maintained, homey feel throughout, relaxing vibe. If a B&B is what you seek in Salem, I have only positive things to say about our stay at Morning Glory. If we return to Salem, we are certain to stay there again!

Room Tip: As far as we can tell, one room has a fireplace, the Rebecca Nurse room, and that's where we sta...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Gerry and many thanks for taking time to submit such a wonderful review! I am happy to read that your wife's birthday weekend get-away was an enjoyable one for her and that you both had a wonderful experience in Salem and at Morning Glory! I am flattered and humbled by your kind words - Thank you! I hope to see you both again should you visit our amazing city at some future date. Until then, I send you both my very best!

New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

WOW...had an awesome stay is Salem... The Morning Glory is very nice indeed. Love the breakfast especially the cheese bread...just amazing. They offer coffee all day...
And the real big appeal is the innkeeper himself...what an awesome guy. So inviting and welcoming. I think I drove him crazy with my talking but he did not seem to mine. Always polite and took the time to talk with me. My husband and I enjoyed our stay...hope to go back again next year...

Room Tip: The inkeeper is an amazing guy!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hi Cheryl and thank you for posting such a very nice review. You are very kind with your high praise and I truly enjoyed talking with you. I look forward to seeing you both again should you come to Salem again. Sending you both my very best.

Bob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Boston Marriott Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!