“Wonderful!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I needed a last minute place to stay while touring Salem for the first time and a friend of ours recommended Morning Glory B&B. I am glad I called because Bob was such a nice person and allowed us to stay last minute! The room was wonderfully furnished. It felt very comfortable and warm. The room was also stocked with everything you would need and was very very clean. Bob made our first time staying at a B&B a wonderful experience. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone, which I already have! The breakfast in the morning was so delightful and wonderfully set out. The homemade bread and the cute little glass bowls of fruit made for a delicious breakfast. Bob was also great company and wished us safe travels on our way out. We did not want to leave! Overall, this trip was great and staying here made it that much better. Highly recommend!

-Veronica & Wayland-

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Veronica S
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hi Veronica and thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review of your recent stay at Morning Glory! I was delighted to read that this was your first stay at a B&B and that you had a "wonderful experience"! After having been closed for the winter months, I was more than eager to open my doors and welcome you both as one of the first guests of the season! So happy you enjoyed the home made cheese bread! That was Marcel's famous cheese bread recipe! I think of my Marcel each morning as I put out his cheese bread for our guests as he too loved so very much providing the very best in hospitality to our guests at our B&B!!! I hope to see you both again and until that time, I send you my very best!

Bob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014

It's taken us a while to write this review, but we simply couldn't not. Bob is a wonderful host, always handy with suggestions, with a genuine passion to help make all of his guests' trips to Salem a dream. He's available anytime you need him and is so eager to share all the local treasures of Salem. He understood that what we were interested in weren't the big touristy attractions and more of the little diners and bars in the area. What a lovely person and a lovely home.

The breakfasts were divine (think big fat pancakes heaped with fresh fruit on an impeccably set dinner table) and the rooms were stocked with everything you could possibly ask for. The beds, Bob, how do you make them so tight and cozy?

We are two 20-somethings who had never been to a B&B before, let alone one in such a small and charming town and the Morning Glory was simply everything we imagined and more.

If you're in Salem, do visit the Peabody Essex Museum, the Lobster Shanty (order the lobster risotto, you won't regret it), Ziggy's donuts, and Red's Sandwich Shop.

Thanks for everything, Bob, and we wish you all the best. We'll be back to say hi and try out the lobster rolls at The Anchor one day.

- Jess and Adam

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yeats K
Hello Jess & Adam and many thanks for taking time to post your lovely review! Thank you for your compliments regarding the home made breakfasts, the charm of Morning Glory and the warm hospitality you received. My work as a B&B proprietor is, as you mentioned, a "genuine passion" of mine and I truly couldn't imagine doing anything else! And as for the square corners on the bed sheets - I think my military background has something to do with that! :) Please do come and visit with me again and until then, I send you both my very best!

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed January 5, 2014

What a relief that Salem isn't all about witches! Our two nights at the charming Morning Glory B&B were a highlight of our five weeks exploring New England. Located in an historic residential area, the inn is next door to Nathaniel Hawthorne’s famed "House of the Seven Gables" and an easy walk along Salem's old waterfront to museums, restaurants and the busy downtown. A meticulously restored early-1800s home, Morning Glory has a relaxed, comfortable vibe and nicely appointed bedrooms with more than the usual amenities. The private deck of our lovely second-floor room was perfect for cocktail hours overlooking the harbor. Innkeeper Bob Shea is a laid back host, attentive to details making guests feel at home, and prepares an excellent chef-quality full breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Wow! Thank you so very much Scott and Sally for submitting such a flattering review of your stay at Morning Glory! I genuinely love providing the best overall B&B experience for each and every guest and I am delighted that you were no exception. I have to agree that the decks and porches, overlooking beautiful Salem Harbor, are a fantastic place to relax with a cocktail at the end of a busy day touring Historic Salem! Thank you for your compliments all around and I sure hope to see you both again. Until then, I send you both my very best!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our first stay in a b&b and didn't know what to expect...wow!!!!! We loved it and Bob has a first class home and he is first class!!!! We live in the French Quarter and didn't think we could find Southern Hospitality so far north!! Bob, you are a true gentleman and don't change a thing....PERFECT!!!!!!
Thanks for having us and sorry about my waking up so early each morning!!
Happy New Year and hope you can sleep late tomorrow!!!
John & Kristina Miremont

• Stayed December 2013
Hi John and Kristina and many thanks for posting a truly wonderful review of your recent stay at Morning Glory! I was so very happy to read that I helped make your first B&B experience an enjoyable one and that you found everything "perfect"! One day, I hope to visit New Orleans and the French Quarter and experience a little southern hospitality myself! Please do come and visit again should you get the chance and a very happy New Year to you both as well! Sending my very best!

Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Upon arrival at Morning Glory after a long, fraught workweek and a harrowing drive, we felt inexpressibly comforted and comfortable -- instantly! From the warm and welcoming entryway to the homey yet luxuriously appointed Rebecca Nurse Room, and from Bob's congenial yet nonintrusive hosting to his delectable breakfasts, all was "right with the world", as Shakespeare would say! We spent a romantic autumn weekend rambling through the timeless colonial streets of Salem, knowing that our lodging at the end of the day coupled the embrace of home (in its down comforters and wise but whimsical décor) with the amenities of a hotel (in its common room libation/computer/local lore and attractions stations) -- the perfect confluence of elements. We go to B&Bs once a month as a treat to defray stress, and believe me, Morning Glory is in the upper echelon for New England! Make a reservation...you won't regret it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kaarina F
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hello Kaarina and thank you so very much for your very flattering post to TripAdvisor! I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay at Morning Glory and your time in Salem! Your compliments are truly appreciated, especially your kind words with respect to your warm welcome. I love what I do and you made my day when you posted that coming to Morning Glory was 'Like Coming Home!' I hope to see you both again and until then, I send you both my very best!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Such attention to detail. Bob not only makes breakfast pleasing to the eye, it's delicious too! He leaves little touches of love around for you like chocolates in your room, a log in the fireplace and homemade nut breads on the coffee table. Delightful teas and coffees at your disposal. We WILL return!

The website shows every detail. You will not arrive and have unexpected disappointments. Every inch of this beautiful, historic home has been touched with love and care. I can't imagine how beautiful it is in the Spring on the patio overlooking the bay.

The town is lovely. You must take the Trolley to see the sites prior to venturing off alone. You can hop on and off all day! Everyone is kind and helpful. Dining within Salem is a treat as well. We especially enjoyed some of the regular, less touristy places in particular. Bob will give you fantastic recommendations as well.

Blessings and hugs to you my be friend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hello Daphne and thank you so very much for your beautiful post to TripAdvisor! Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments! I am truly happy that you felt the genuine love that went into, and continues to go into Morning Glory!! Marcel and I have labored long and hard to bring our passion of a comfortable, welcoming and loving bed & breakfast to the public. I hope that you are able to return in warmer weather so that you can enjoy the roof top deck with ocean views and the garden patio with flowering rose bushes, water fountain and reclining chairs. Until then, I send you both my very best!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 6, 2013

#1) I have never written an on-line review before
#2) I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before
#3) I have never been to New England before
#4) I had low expectations

Until I stayed at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast in Salem, I never had any desire to get on-line and write a review, good or bad. I fell in love with Morning Glory the moment we pulled up. Among a row of historic homes in a quaint (yet famous) little town stood a beautiful three story magnificent home. We stayed in the Sarah Good room which occupied the entire 3rd floor of the home. The suite was fabulous and was just what it looked like on the website video tour. In addition to the beautiful and extremely clean suite, Bob made our stay. Master chef of breakfast is what I like to call him! For never staying at a B&B and hearing from family and friends their "not so good" experiences, the Morning Glory was a complete surprise and great way to celebrate a vacation. I highly recommend the stay! I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Website on-line tour/video.