“Unforgettable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Such attention to detail. Bob not only makes breakfast pleasing to the eye, it's delicious too! He leaves little touches of love around for you like chocolates in your room, a log in the fireplace and homemade nut breads on the coffee table. Delightful teas and coffees at your disposal. We WILL return!

The website shows every detail. You will not arrive and have unexpected disappointments. Every inch of this beautiful, historic home has been touched with love and care. I can't imagine how beautiful it is in the Spring on the patio overlooking the bay.

The town is lovely. You must take the Trolley to see the sites prior to venturing off alone. You can hop on and off all day! Everyone is kind and helpful. Dining within Salem is a treat as well. We especially enjoyed some of the regular, less touristy places in particular. Bob will give you fantastic recommendations as well.

Blessings and hugs to you my be friend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Hello Daphne and thank you so very much for your beautiful post to TripAdvisor! Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments! I am truly happy that you felt the genuine love that went into, and continues to go into Morning Glory!! Marcel and I have labored long and hard to bring our passion of a comfortable, welcoming and loving bed & breakfast to the public. I hope that you are able to return in warmer weather so that you can enjoy the roof top deck with ocean views and the garden patio with flowering rose bushes, water fountain and reclining chairs. Until then, I send you both my very best!

Bob

Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

#1) I have never written an on-line review before
#2) I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before
#3) I have never been to New England before
#4) I had low expectations

Until I stayed at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast in Salem, I never had any desire to get on-line and write a review, good or bad. I fell in love with Morning Glory the moment we pulled up. Among a row of historic homes in a quaint (yet famous) little town stood a beautiful three story magnificent home. We stayed in the Sarah Good room which occupied the entire 3rd floor of the home. The suite was fabulous and was just what it looked like on the website video tour. In addition to the beautiful and extremely clean suite, Bob made our stay. Master chef of breakfast is what I like to call him! For never staying at a B&B and hearing from family and friends their "not so good" experiences, the Morning Glory was a complete surprise and great way to celebrate a vacation. I highly recommend the stay! I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Website on-line tour/video.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Molly and thank you for your glowing review! You both were an absolute delight to have stay with me and I especially enjoyed talking with you, and the other guests, at the breakfast table each morning! Our website's virtual tour through Morning Glory, as you mention, allows viewers to walk through each and every guest room, private bath, kitchen and breakfast room. What you see is what you get. There are no surprises. I am humbled and flattered at the same time Molly by you bestowing upon me the title of 'Master Chef of breakfast'!!! You are very sweet! I am happy to read that you can't wait to come back, and until that time, I send you both my very best!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I just stayed at this lovely B&B. We found it to be very clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were crisp. Bob's breakfast was great, he made some great pancakes! Bob really made us feel at home and gave us some good recommendations for dinner. We can't wait for our next visit to Salem and we are definately staying at the Morning Glory!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Joe and thank you for your wonderful review of you stay at Morning Glory! Thank you for your glowing compliments regarding the 'great' home made breakfasts and the 'crisp' linens. All of our pasteries, breads, pancakes, apple crisp, granola and other breakfast goodies are made in home at Morning Glory. I work very hard to maintain a spotless B&B Inside and out and I thank you for noticing all of these very special touches. I am delighted to read that you are 'definitely staying at the Morning Glory' upon your return visit to Salem! Until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We absolutely love the Morning Glory B&B in Salem! The town is so lovely and quaint with a great atmosphere, it's like taking a step back in time and the Morning Glory is honestly the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are beautifully decorated, very clean with lots of creative witch-related touches. I loved the four poster bed and vintage decor. Bob and Marcel are friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast was freshly prepared and delicious. Even the bread was homemade. I cannot praise this B&B enough. Would I stay here again? I would move in if they'd let me!

• Stayed: August 2013
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hi Susan and thank you for your terrific review of your stay at Morning Glory! So happy you enjoyed everything about your stay, especially the home made cheese bread! Marcel's recipe is truly amazing and is a favorite of all our guests!! Reading that Morning Glory is the nicest hotel that you every stayed at was absolutely a very rewarding compliment and I thank you for that! I look forward to your return visit and until then, I send you my very best!!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We arrived very late having had delays flying ffrom UK to Boston and delays picking up hire car.
The keys were wating for us inside the screen door and we crashed for the night.

We had a good sleep in a very comfortable bed and a lovely breakfast in the morning.

We only stayed one night as a place to sleep en route to Maine but received a warm welcome and will come again for longer.

We stayed in Rebecca Nurse room and it was great!

This place is a gem!

Room Tip: Rebecca Nurse room on first floor overlooking front. Not noisy - very comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Hi Joe and many thanks for your breif yet wonderful review...a 'comfortable bed',a 'lovely breakfast' and a 'warm welcome' are all wonderful compliments that I truly appreciate! I hope you can revisit Salem and Morning Glory and stay for a bit longer the next time around. Until that time, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at the Morning Glory B & B and found it a perfect fit for our needs. First of all, we arrived at 10:30 a.m. even though we had told Bob we would be there at noon. He was busy cleaning up breakfast but found time to give me the key to the room, recommend lunch & dinner spots, as well as attractions to visit. He asked us to park at the House of the Seven Gables & visit there until 11:00 when he thought the room would be ready for us. We took his advice and enjoyed the tour of the Gables. At 12:00 when we went back to the B & B, there were no parking spots, so when I asked Bob where to park, he let us take his spot and he parked elsewhere. We had the suite upstairs, which was great for us because there was a deck where one could look at the water and relax. We had a living room where I could watch t-v, while my sister could sleep in the bedroom. We had bottled water in our own fridge as well as a coffee/tea maker. The wifi worked well, and the bed was extremely comfy. Breakfast was filling and tasty the next morning and prepared us for another day of touring. Bob allowed us to keep our car parked in the lot until we were ready to leave at 5:00. My sister and I both found Bob to be an incredible host. He knows just what to do to make his guests feel like they are at home, not in a strange hotel. The location was great, easy walking to attractions and food. Bob recommended Finz for lunch, and he was spot on. The only problem was we were so full from lunch and tired from touring all day that we didn't even try the dinner recommendation, instead opting to stay and relax in our great room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Wow...what a lovely review! Thank you for taking time to post to TripAdvisor! I was more than happy to take the time during the busy breakfast to welcome you and your sister to Morning Glory at an early hour; make sure you had your room key; make a parking space availalbe for your car; review the map; point out the area restaurants and attractions, so that you could get an early start on your day! So very glad you both enjoyed the spacious Sarah Good Suite, the ocean views from the roof deck and the home made breakfast!! I am especially pleased to read that you both felt right at home! That is the biggest compliment of all! Please do come and visit again and until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wow! What a wonderful place. The Morning Glory is a beautifully restored Bed and Breakfast and is located within walking distance of all of Salem's attractions. There is off-street parking which may seem like a weird thing to be happy about but not having to worry about finding a spot on the street can put you at ease. The room we stayed in was spotless and we couldn't stop smiling every time we walked through its door. We felt so at home during our stay. Bob is a terrific host. Incredibly friendly and accommodating. The view off the back deck is amazing. When we come back to Salem we will most definitely stay at the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hello Dan and many thanks for your terrific review! So very happy you chose Salem and Morning Glory to spend your honeymoon and that you "couldn't stop smiling" for the duration of your stay! Off street parking is most certainly a plus here in Salem, especially during the busy month of October. Your compliments are most definitely appreciated and I welcome you back any time at all! Until then, I send you both my very best!

Bob

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!