“Brief but enjoyable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Upton, United Kingdom
“Brief but enjoyable stay”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We arrived very late having had delays flying ffrom UK to Boston and delays picking up hire car.
The keys were wating for us inside the screen door and we crashed for the night.

We had a good sleep in a very comfortable bed and a lovely breakfast in the morning.

We only stayed one night as a place to sleep en route to Maine but received a warm welcome and will come again for longer.

We stayed in Rebecca Nurse room and it was great!

This place is a gem!

Room Tip: Rebecca Nurse room on first floor overlooking front. Not noisy - very comfortable
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hi Joe and many thanks for your breif yet wonderful review...a 'comfortable bed',a 'lovely breakfast' and a 'warm welcome' are all wonderful compliments that I truly appreciate! I hope you can revisit Salem and Morning Glory and stay for a bit longer the next time around. Until that time, I send you both my very best!

Bob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at the Morning Glory B & B and found it a perfect fit for our needs. First of all, we arrived at 10:30 a.m. even though we had told Bob we would be there at noon. He was busy cleaning up breakfast but found time to give me the key to the room, recommend lunch & dinner spots, as well as attractions to visit. He asked us to park at the House of the Seven Gables & visit there until 11:00 when he thought the room would be ready for us. We took his advice and enjoyed the tour of the Gables. At 12:00 when we went back to the B & B, there were no parking spots, so when I asked Bob where to park, he let us take his spot and he parked elsewhere. We had the suite upstairs, which was great for us because there was a deck where one could look at the water and relax. We had a living room where I could watch t-v, while my sister could sleep in the bedroom. We had bottled water in our own fridge as well as a coffee/tea maker. The wifi worked well, and the bed was extremely comfy. Breakfast was filling and tasty the next morning and prepared us for another day of touring. Bob allowed us to keep our car parked in the lot until we were ready to leave at 5:00. My sister and I both found Bob to be an incredible host. He knows just what to do to make his guests feel like they are at home, not in a strange hotel. The location was great, easy walking to attractions and food. Bob recommended Finz for lunch, and he was spot on. The only problem was we were so full from lunch and tired from touring all day that we didn't even try the dinner recommendation, instead opting to stay and relax in our great room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wow...what a lovely review! Thank you for taking time to post to TripAdvisor! I was more than happy to take the time during the busy breakfast to welcome you and your sister to Morning Glory at an early hour; make sure you had your room key; make a parking space availalbe for your car; review the map; point out the area restaurants and attractions, so that you could get an early start on your day! So very glad you both enjoyed the spacious Sarah Good Suite, the ocean views from the roof deck and the home made breakfast!! I am especially pleased to read that you both felt right at home! That is the biggest compliment of all! Please do come and visit again and until then, I send you both my very best!

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wow! What a wonderful place. The Morning Glory is a beautifully restored Bed and Breakfast and is located within walking distance of all of Salem's attractions. There is off-street parking which may seem like a weird thing to be happy about but not having to worry about finding a spot on the street can put you at ease. The room we stayed in was spotless and we couldn't stop smiling every time we walked through its door. We felt so at home during our stay. Bob is a terrific host. Incredibly friendly and accommodating. The view off the back deck is amazing. When we come back to Salem we will most definitely stay at the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello Dan and many thanks for your terrific review! So very happy you chose Salem and Morning Glory to spend your honeymoon and that you "couldn't stop smiling" for the duration of your stay! Off street parking is most certainly a plus here in Salem, especially during the busy month of October. Your compliments are most definitely appreciated and I welcome you back any time at all! Until then, I send you both my very best!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my third visit to the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, and it just gets better with each visit. Me and my wife celebrated our 2 year anniversary here during the second weekend of October. To sum it up,it was amazing! We stayed in the Elizabeth Howe room for 3 nights. The rooms are SPOTLESS, well equipped, and cozy. The breakfasts are delicious. My personal favorite is the cheese bread, which I indulged in every morning of our visit. Bob is the most gracious host you will ever come by. We've been home for 2 weeks and we still talk about it everyday. Thanks for everything Bob, you're the best!

Megan & Lilian

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi Megan and thank you so very much for your very positive post to TripAdvisor! I really enjoyed welcoming you back for your third time and I equally enjoyed meeting your wife Lilian! So happy you chose Morning Glory to celebrate your 2nd wedding anniversary! Thank you for your very kind words and kudos on the cheese bread! I actually made six loaves of Marcel's famous cheese bread earlier today - the house smelled wonderful! I too can't wait to have you and Lilian come and visit with me again! Until that time, I send you both my very best!!

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a fabulous Bed & Breakfast, this was our first stay at a B&B and we are sold. I don't think we will ever stay in a hotel again, especially when it comes to Salem, MA. Everything you want to do in Salem is a short walk; the B&B is very close to all the attraction that the town has to offer. Our room was stunning (The Sarah Good room) which is the entire 3rd floor of this magnificent B&B with a private living room and our own private deck overlooking the harbor. Bob Shea has done a wonderful job of making this B&B one of the best, his commitment to excellence is immediately noticeable once you step foot inside the door. The breakfast room is one of the best ways to start your day, Bob puts out a wonder array of breakfast foods and great conversation with the other guests as well as Bob joins in, and his gracious hospitality is sublime. Will highly recommend the Morning Glory B&B to anyone visiting Salem, MA.

Room Tip: The Sarah Good room is defiantly worth the extra cost. All the rooms are very beautiful though.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Matthew and many thanks for taking time to post such a flattering review! You and John were truly two gentlemen and I very much enjoyed talking, and laughing, with you both each morning with the other guests over breakfast! So happy to read that you enjoyed the Sarah Good Suite! It is indeed a very spacious and private area and gives you the feel of staying in an apartment more than anything else. I was so glad you had superb weather to take in all of the wonderful sights in our beautiful city and I look forward to your return visit! Until then, I send you both my very best!!

Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Search no more for lodgings in Salem as this B&B is the ultimate of jewels - my husband and I spent four very wonderful days here (Oct 21-24). Bob, the most gracious of hosts I have ever met welcomes you into his home and makes it yours for the duration of your stay. The house is beautiful and immaculate - the rooms are cozy - we stayed in the Bridget Bishop room and it was absolutely divine - the common room area is very warm and inviting and the dinning area is just as welcoming - each morning Bob greeted us with such a remarkable smile and warmth (he's incredible you just want to eat him up he's so adorable!) - the breakfast is delicious: yogurt/granola, home baked breads, and his remarkable pancakes, my husband was in love! Location of this B&B is in remarkable proximity to everything in Salem - no car required - everything is in walking distance, with the House of the Seven Gables directly across the street and the Boston Ferry only two short blocks away. Nestled on a very quiet street with off the street parking this B&B is a total gem for a relaxing gateway for couples. Don't pass up the opportunity to stay here you will not be disappointed. I cannot wait to visit again - Bob you are wonderful host and such a wonderful pleasure you made our stay! We will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy - Bridget Bishop is very cozy and intimate - I suggest browsing the website t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Susan and many thanks for your wonderful post of your recent stay at Morning Glory! You and your husband were a true delight to have stay with me and I enjoyed your company immensley! Thank you for your extremely kind words - I appreciate that very much! I strive hard to treat each and every guest like a friend and would want nothing more than for them to walk away with that very feeling. Please do come back again Susan with your husband if you get the chance. I send you both my very best!!

Warwick, RI
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Once again a fantastic stay at the Morning Glory. We've stayed here many times, but this was our first time staying here in October. As always, Bob does a top-notch job, and is such an amazing host. The place is in a great spot, within walking distance to everything, it's immaculate, breakfast is delicious & most of all, you always feel so welcomed when you stay. There are many nice places to stay in Salem, but the Morning Glory is the best! We just stayed for 4 nights and we already can't wait to come back in a few months, it's like our home away from home!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice, but the 3rd floor suite is our favorite!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Jim & Alicia and thank you very much for your amazing review! Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments! To me, you both are so much more than repeat guests - you're more like family!! Over the years we've shared many fun stories and seem to pick up with conversation right where we left off the last time you were here. I too look forward to your return visit and until then,I send you both my very, very best!!!

Bob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Boston Marriott Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!