“Excellent B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Granbury, Texas
“Excellent B&B!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is what you want in a B&B! Beautiful, clean, quiet, and conveniently located. I stayed here 3 nights in August, and enjoyed my stay very much. It is an easy walk to the Salem attractions, which is nice because you really don't want to have to park a car. Its side street location ensures that it is quiet. Good, healthy breakfast, free wireless internet, friendly owner, etc. This is where I will stay when I return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello Tbar and thank you for your flattering post to TripAdvisor of your stay here at Morning Glory in August! I am so happy to read that you found Morning Glory to hold all that you wanted in a B&B...clean, beautiful and ideally situated and yet at the same time, very quiet at night. The fact that Morning Glory is located on a dead end street next to beautiful Salem Harbor always ensures a very quiet nights sleep, void of any noise from traffic. I am equally delighted that Morning Glory is your "go to" B&B whenever you find yourself back in our beautiful historic city! Until your next visit, I send you my very best!

Bob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Morning Glory has the lot. Charming room on the second floor, roof top terrace, garden with BBQ tasty breakfast and an excellent location. Park the car and walk to all of Salem's historic attractions. Bob was the perfect host. THE PLACE TO STAY IN SALEM!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello Ron and thank you so much for your terrific post regarding your recent stay here at Morning Glory! I am happy that with the beautiful fall weather, you were able to take full advatage of both the roof top deck with ocean views and the garden patio to relax at the end of your busy days touring Historic Salem! Morning Glory indeed has an 'excellent location' as you mentioin, so that you can leave your car and take in all of the sights and restaurants by foot. And finally Ron, thank you for complimenting me as your host! Should you venture back this way, I would love to have you and your lovely wife stay with me again. I send you both my very best!

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We got to this beautiful B&B by accident...Just passing by Salem, we decided to spend the night in this town. Lucky for us, Bob had a room available! This is, by far, the nicest, cleanest, best located place to stay! You are within 5 minutes of walking distance to “everywhere” you need to be and “everything” you need to see in Salem – just park your car at B&B and enjoy your walk! Suite on the 3rd floor was very comfortable, had separate entrance from the back yard deck area, nice private terrace with comfortable lounge chairs, amazing view, absolutely clean rooms! Tasty Breakfast, nice conversation with the owner, and more...Make sure to reserve rooms in advance!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hello Oleg and many thanks for posting your very flattering review of your stay at Morning Glory B&B! I too am very happy that I had a room for you and your lovely wife for your overnight stay last week. Thank you as well Oleg, for your compliments, especially your high marks on the cleanliness of my B&B! As you mentioned, Morning Glory is perfectly situated, striking the ideal balance between having a very close proximity to all of the sights for touring during the day, and yet, having an even closer proximity to beautiful Salem Harbor to provide the most peaceful sleep at night. I hope that you and your wife can return to Salem and visit with me again. Until then, I send you both my very best!

Canadensis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our stay at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast was a git from our children to celebrate our 40th Anniversary. The premises was charming. Each room was comfortable and pleasing to the eye! Our host, Bob, was charming, gracious and knowledgable. After learning we only drink decaffeinated coffee, he made sure we had a pot of piping hot waiting for us each morning. Bob also was ready to answer any questions and made many helpful suggestions as to restaurants, attractions, etc. We also enjoyed the morning conversations we had with him and the other guests. I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone!
Anna and Bert

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hello Bert and Anna and thank you for sharing your stay at Morning Glory with other Trip Advisor travelers. Thank you too for your many compliments! It is always my pleasure to assist my guests in whatever way I can; be it with providing directions, making restaurant reservations, accommodating special dietary needs, carrying suitcases...however I can help make their stay the most enjoyable! I have to agree with you in that one of my favorite things is sitting with the other guests at the breakfast table and hearing their stories; where they live, what they do, where they ate, what they saw, etc...This is just one of the many things that makes my "job" so enjoyable. Please do come and visit with me again and I wish you all the very best on your 40th wedding anniversary!!!

Rockland, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 25, 2013

What a great trip this was! I loved exploring the historic city of Salem, but found it hard to leave my room because it was so warm and relaxing. The owner Bob, pays a lot of attention to detail and it really shows at his B&B. Morning Glory is tastefully decorated and VERY clean. Bob made sure he learned my name right away, and treated my boyfriend and I like family that was coming to visit from out of town. And the breakfast.... OMG to die for. Bob made the best pancakes I have ever tasted. My boyfriend even spilled an entire cup of coffee all over his nice place settings, and he just laughed it off. What a great guy. If you're looking for a place right in the heart of Salem, this is it. Morning Glory is directly across from the House of Seven Gables and within walking distance to everything else.

Bob even hugged me when I left! =]

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi Christine and my sincerest thanks to you for taking time to submit such a wonderful review! You and your boyfriend were a joy to have stay with me and you as well felt like family to me in no time at all! I am so glad you enjoyed the pancakes made from scratch and found your guest room so warm and inviting! And as they say, no use crying over spilled coffee! :) Thank YOU for your hug upon your departure and I certainly hope you both can come and spend more time in Salem and at Morning Glory at some future date! Until then, I send you both my very best!

Nebraska
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days in Sept 2013. Beautiful! clean! and the breakfasts were wonderful. The breads and pastries were so moist!. Bob (the owner) is a very sweet guy, who makes everyone feel comfortable. Nice location, if you are staying a few days, taking the suite at the top of the house is highly recommended, it gives you extra room, but be prepared to climb a few steps.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello Mrs. Y and thank you so very much for your very positive review of your stay at Morning Glory! The third floor suite is indeed very private; encompassing the entire third floor with its own private sitting room equipped with frig, coffee maker and TV...not to mention the communal roof deck with views of beautiful Salem Harbor just outside your door. Thank you as well for your compliments on our home made breakfast breads and pastries! Please do revisit Salem and Morning Glory again and until that time, I send you both my very best!

Manchester, Michigan
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked a stay at the Morning Glory to surprise my wife for our anniversary. Suffice to say, we were both taken by the charm and beauty of this little gem in Salem. Bob, the owner, was extremely kind and warm in his welcoming upon our arrival. The rooms and the sitting parlor were all very nice as was the dining area. The roof top sitting area also provided a nice spot to sit and have a few drinks with a view of the water. The location is great because it is within walking distance to all of the sites and scenes in the area. Breakfast was delicious! Bob served us pancakes topped with fresh fruit, maple syrup and pecans. I highly recommend the Morning Glory if you plan on staying in Salem, my wife and I have already started planning for a return trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Elizabeth Howe Room. Very nice, has direct access to both of the balcony sitting ar...