“Awesome , Beautiful Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
new Jersey, USA
“Awesome , Beautiful Inn”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from Morning glory B&B. We had a great weekend. We loved our room at Morning Glory. The inn is so pretty and very , very clean. Yummy breakfast !! We enjoyed sitting by the fire in our room having wine in the evenings especially. There was a common room also located on the second floor , just right outside our room. It was so cozy ! There was coffee, tea available as well as sweets. We also loved being able to come & go through a second floor exit. The location was perfect. Bob and Marcel were amazing hosts and run a great inn. They are both so kind and welcoming. I loved staying here and look forward to our next trip to salem. There is a roof top deck calling me in warmer months to enjoy. I would not hesitate to book this lovely inn for our future visits to salem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hi Linda and our sincere thanks for your wonderful post to Tripadvisor! We very much enjoyed having you both stay with us for your three day get-away! The Rebecca Nurse room is indeed a very romantic room this time of year with its roaring fireplace to keep you warm at night. Thank you too Linda for your compliments all around!! We also look forward to your return visit in warmer weather so that you can take advantage of the roof top deck - enjoying the harbor views and cool ocean breezes! Until then, we send you both our very best!!

Bob & Marcel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Westfield, MA
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i stayed at morning glory on our honeymoon and it was the best experience. The owners were friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is great. Right across the street from the house of seven gables, also try the cheese bread its delicious.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello Shane and many thanks for your concise yet spot on review to TripAdvisor! We were very pleased to read that Morning Glory met every one of your expectations in order to provide you and your wife the "best experience" in a B&B! Hospitality - friendly & accommodating; cleanliness, comfort, location and breakfast - thumbs up! We truly appreciate your high praise Shane and we are equally happy that we helped provide an amazing honeymoon for you and your new bride! We send you both all our best and wish you all good things in your married life together! Please do come and visit with us again!

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Salem was the first stop on our honeymoon tour of New England and my first stay at a B & B. Upon leaving, my husband remarked that I was spoiled for life on B & B's and would be disapointed at any other we stayed at. Boy was he right! Our next stop was in Providence, RI and the B & B we stayed in was nothing compared to Morning Glory. Bob and Marcel made us feel like we were long lost family members. We felt incredibly comfortable and their hospitality was second to none. Bob greeted us and helped us get situated in the lovely town of Salem and Marcel made us the most amazing home-made breakfast each morning. He even took note of me being Vegan and adjusted his recipes accordingly! We can't wait to come back and visit, just as much to stay at Morning Glory as to see Salem again. Thank you Bob & Marcel so much for making our stay a memorable one!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hi Nicola and many thanks for taking time to submit your wonderful review! We are delighted that your first B&B experience was a positive one and that you immediately felt as comfortable as long lost family members! We were happy to host you both during your brief honeymoon stop in Salem and we hope that you are able to revisit with us again at some future date! We wish you all the very best in your married life together!!!

Hampton Bays, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2013

great location, great hosts, great food mmmmmmm!!!!!! already booked again for next year!
we stayed in the rebecca nurse room and loved it but all the room are really nice. bob and marcel are extremely attentive and helpful. I have stayed in many b&b's but this is by far the very best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hello Diane and thank you for submitting your lovely post to TripAdvisor! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in October and even more so, that you have already booked again for this year! Thank you so much for your thumbs up on our prime location, warm hospitality and delicious breakfast! We are looking forward to seeing you both again later on in the year and until then, we send you both our very best!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Don't keep looking, just start booking!

Most times in a new area, you read the reviews and hope for the best. To my absolute joy and relief, Morning Glory B&B was far above and beyond what I'd hoped for. I have medical issues, which can make traveling alone a real issue, and I had no idea if I would be able to accomplish anything I came to do. Any concerns fell away instantly, and I knew I was good hands from the beginning.

Bob and Marcel were an unexpected delight. They are so warm and relaxed, and run a super-clean place! Bob's handmade granola and Marcel's fabulous breakfasts had me feeling spoiled rotten, in addition to the little cookies and treats in the common area, with a demo on how to operate everything, so you know things are meant to be used, and you don't worry about breaking something by using it wrong, like at some B&Bs.

An inn is nothing without great innkeepers to give the place a good vibe, and Bob and Marcel are just the best! You will feel instantly comfortable, and at home. They care for their guests as well as they do the beautiful and well-arranged B&B, striking the perfect balance between inclusion and privacy.

Every detail has been thoroughly thought through. Perfectly clean rooms, complete with snuggly bedding, individual temperature control, TV, plenty of space for belongings, bathroom with all you need, and comfortable places to hang out-both indoors and outdoors. A few times, I just sat on the deck to watch the waves on the water, even though it was late December. It would be all the better in warmer weather.

Each room has a secondary access, so you won't have to enter or exit through the front door at an odd hour, and feel as though you are waking the house. The 2nd-floor common area is quite well-appointed, and designed to really be used as such. There's a place to make a quick cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa; a microwave and fridge for your must-haves; a sofa and chairs to curl up with a book; and a computer with a printer, in case you need it. Let's not forget the wonderful homemade nibbles set out for an anytime snack. Don't be shy; they are delicious!

If you're unfamiliar, as I was, having never been to Salem, both Bob and Marcel had at the ready a book, with sites of interest and a map, in which they many times marked my route for me, no matter how many times I forgot. They also printed off other directions as well.

Morning Glory is perfectly situated on a quiet street, two doors from The House Of Seven Gables, a few doors from the harbor, and minutes from everything. The oldest candy company is also just on the corner. A red line painted on the sidewalks can direct you along to see historic sites.

Originally, I'd booked 2 nights, not knowing if I could manage a longer trip, but after the first night, I knew I just had to stay longer, and booked 4 additional nights (until I ran up against a full booking.)

Bob's handmade granola with yogurt and honey, in addition to whatever delight Marcel had cooked up for the day, made sure I was never hungry. Waking up to a warm "Good Morning" from Bob and Marcel, with a lovely homemade breakfast, was a great way to start the day. All in all, Bob and Marcel were made the trip feel like a proper vacation, something you just don't get from a hotel or a lesser B&B. I just adore Bob and Marcel, and whether you are traveling alone, as a couple, or with more, you will not find a more truly warm, welcoming and non-pretentious place to be!

Just book it. You won't be sorry. I may be sorry if I can't get a room in the future because too many people have found out about this place, but the Morning Glory B&B was a delight, a joy, and a relief to me. I say a relief, because you never know what you're going to get when going somewhere new, and staying somewhere new. Bob and Marcel clearly are doing what they're meant to do! I'd say it's a home away from home, but it's better than that. It's the home you wish your home were like. You won’t want to leave.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank TheKimba13
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Wow Kim...we honestly don't know how else to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and glowing review of your recent stay with us! Somehow, "thank you" just doesn't seem enough but please know that our thanks are truly heart-felt! You were a joy to have stay with us and we were thrilled that you extended your initial stay by four days! Thank you again for all of your praises and we do look forward to your return visit at Morning Glory! We send you Kim our very best!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband surprised me with a stay at Morning Glory for our anniversary. We stayed in the Sarah Goode suite and loved every moment we were there. We arrived and were greeted to the delicious smells from the kitchen-very inviting on a cold winter day. Bob and Marcel were very hospitable and went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. The room was cute with an eye for details. The lounge area was the place I wanted to be all evening-it was warm and inviting and my husband got to spend quality time on the couch together. The B&B is walking distance to a variety of stores and eateries-a big plus. At breakfast we had the pleasure of eating the pancakes with fruits and nuts that Marcel made-delicious! Everything was top notch and welcoming. The atmosphere the gentlemen have created make this place wonderful and a real gem among the places in Salem. We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: The Sarah Goode suit has it's own private lounge and easy access to the patio deck.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for posting your wonderful review to TripAdvisor! We are so happy that we got to play a small part in making your anniversary so very special! The Sarah Good Suite on the third floor is a very private and secluded spot to simply relax, day or night. Thank you for your compliments on our home and breakfast!! We appreciate all of your kind words and look forward to the day when you can come and visit with us again! We send you both our very best!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have just stayed for two nights in the Sarah Good suite. Fantastic bedroom with very comfortable bed and lovely lounge for relaxing. It also has its own terrace area with private access to your room should you wish. Bob and Marcel are excellent hosts, extremly friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Marcel is an brilliant cook and the breakfasts are amazing and soooo filling.

The location of the Morning Glory is great, next to the House of the Seven Gables and very close to the waterfront. A nice stroll into the centre will take you past a number of bars and restaurants, all stones throw away.

We would highly recommend this place to anyone wishing to visit Salem.

Very big thank you to Bob and Marcel, we really enjoyed meeting you and our very short, but very pleasurable stay in Salem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Hello Gillian and many thanks for your "fabulous" review! We truly enjoyed having you and Mark stay with us for a few days and we are happy the weather held out nicely for you! Thank you for your kind words all around! We most certainly appreciate it! We're delighted you enjoyed our breakfasts and found them filling to get you through the day! We send you both our very best and sure hope to see you again in the future!!

Bob & Marcel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Boston Marriott Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!