“A Little bit of Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked on line one of the nearest B&B`s I could find for my daughter and I that was in close proximity to where our son was living. We had previously stayed in a local hotel in
salem which was booked up. We had no idea what to expect in a b&b and certainly no idea what a gem it would turn out to be, Morning Glory ( aptly named) is a truly welcoming b&b Bob and Marcel could not have been nicer hosts. The house is beautifully maintained with lots of attention to detail and meticulously clean with lots of character and extra little touches. The breakfasts were delicious, probably the best homemade breads we have ever tasted. We travelled over from Europe and look forward to staying again very soon. I cannot speak highly enough about the Morning Glory b&b and would have no hesitation in its recommendation. See you very shortly Bob and Marcel. Geraldine & Natalie

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Hello Geraldine and our thanks to you for taking time to submit your lovely review to TripAdvisor! It was truly our pleasure to have you and your daughter Natalie stay with us last week and we thank you for your kind words! So happy to read that you both found Morning Glory to be a "gem" and our home baked breakfast breads the best you had ever tasted! We bid you so long for now but we do look forward to seeing you again (and meeting your husband) when you return next month! Our very best to you and Natalie!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hello to Marcel and Bob!

We stayed at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast August 22-24th and we will be back! We picked this Inn because of the excellent rating it received on Trip advisor, we were not disappointed. This is one of the cleanest and welcoming places we have been to in a long while. We stayed in the Rebecca Nurse room; it was very comfortable and warm, just like home.
(Can I say clean again?)
The breakfasts we had were delicious and fresh, I still dream of the cheese bread!
We could not have asked for better hosts, Marcel & Bob are genuinely pleasant, nice people. They helped us find all the places of interest we could see in the short time we were there. I will gladly recommend this Inn to anyone traveling to Salem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosalou
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Hello Rosa and thank you for your terrific review!! We are very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Morning Glory and that your very high standards with respect to cleanliness were met! Thank you too for your thumbs up on Marcel's cheese bread (he just pulled six loaves out of the oven as I type!)!! Please do come and visit with us again should you get the chance. Our very best to you!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I just traveled to Salem, MA with my sister, niece and daughter (ages 23 to 52). The Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast was everything I hoped it would be. The location was perfect, blocks from the ferry. Bob and Marcel were the perfect hosts. They were warm and welcoming. They were helpful in making reservations for dinner and helped us get to and from the ferry as well as making sure my niece had a cab waiting for her early Sunday morning. The B&B was the cleanest I have every stayed in and that is extremely important to me. Having a glass of wine on the rooftop overlooking the water was perfect. I would recommend this B&B to everyone and plan on returning someday with my husband.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Hi Jayne and many thanks for posting your wonderful review to TripAdvisor! We are delighted that you and "the girls" enjoyed your recent stay at Morning Glory! We are also very happy that our B&B met your expectations and standards with regards to location, hospitality, service and cleanliness! You all were so much fun and we do look forward to the day when you can return to Salem and Morning Glory with your husband! Until then, our very best to you!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Bob and Marcel are warm and welcoming hosts that make you feel at home! Their B&B is extremely clean with fabulous decorating. Bob and Marcel provided delicious gormet breakfasts each of the three mornings we were there! Their B&B location was in a quiet area near the water but perfect walking distance to the hub of Salem. We had to leave early for our flight and Bob and Marcel accomidated our needs by feeding us early and giving us a ride to the ferry. Thanks so much for the great time! Nancy V

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Hi Nancy and our thanks to you for submitting such a lovely review!!! It was our pleasure to host you, your sister and your nieces at our B&B this past October! Thank you kindly for your compliments on our "delicious gourmet breakfasts"!!! We do love to pamper our guests in every way possible and are delighted that your felt just that! Morning Glory is situated on a very quiet dead end street by the ocean so the nights here are extremely peaceful. We were more than happy to accommodate you all with breakfast with your early rise upon departure as well as transporting you all to the ferry. Our very best to you all and we hope to have you come and stay with us again!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to Salem, MA. and i have to say that from here on out, my first choice for a B&B in Salem is the Morning Glory for sure.

Bob & Marcel are the absolute best hosts hands down! They are welcoming and easy going, traffic turned our 4 hour drive into a 9 hour drive, i was worried about checking in so late, but they were so accomodating. They left our key with instructions in an envelope for us when we finally arrived around 730pm.

Marcel came up to our room shortly after we arrived and that made us feel very welcome. On our second evening there, Marcel lit the fireplace in our room for us and that was a wonderful treat.

The B&B all by itself is amazing, cozy and refreshing, with great decor and a few spooky paintings & dolls, but hey, it's SALEM. i loved the Kureig coffee available to us and bottled water in the fridge is a great touch!

I visited at the end of september and the weather was pretty chilly, i'm looking forward to visiting again next summer so i can enjoy the rooftop deck and watch the sunset.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your splendid review!! As you are a frequent visitor to Salem, we are thrilled to read that Morning Glory will be your first choice in accommodations from here on out! We are flattered by your wonderful compliments! Please do come and visit with us again in warmer weather so that you can take full advantage of the roof deck and ocean views! Until that time, we send you both our very best!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have stayed in many b&b's in the US and in Europe and this was one of the best. This is the ultimate in a cute, New England b&b. We had the Sarah Good Suite on the top floor for two nights in early October, 2012. The whole house is immaculate. Everything you could need in your room, gorgeous decorating, comfortable bed, very relaxing suite to watch tv in the evening. Marcel and Bob are the most welcoming hosts and do make you feel like family. Yes the cheese bread is fantastic and it's great that Marcel, Bob, and Bob's mom are all involved in making the food. Bob and Marcel helped us plan out our visit and the dinner recommendation for Finz was perfect our first night. If we are ever in the neighborhood, we wouldn't miss the chance to stay with them again.

Room Tip: Top suite was roomy and quiet. I might try the room with the fireplace next time.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna P
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello Donna and we thank you for sharing your positive experience at Morning Glory with other TripAdvisor users. It is true that each guest room has its own unique charm. The Sarah Good Suite is very spacious as it encompasses the entire third floor with its own private sitting room equipped with flat screen TV, Cuisinart coffee maker and refrigerator. The Rebecca Nurse room is especially charming with its wood burning fireplace, ideal for the cold and chilly months! We are flattered that you rank Morning Glory among the top B&B's your have experienced in both the United States and Europe! Please do come and visit with us again and until then, we send you both our very best!!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my first time going to Salem, Massachusetts and I went on trip advisor to see what hotels or inns were the most recommended and when I saw The Morning Glory, it was the first time I've ever seen an establishment rated perfectly! So I just had to experience it for myself. Bob and Marcel are extremely nice and attentive. The Bed and Breakfast is so cute, very nice and clean. And above all, the breakfasts that Marcel makes himself for all the house guests are simply to die for. The location is really great, within walking distance of many attractions and it has great views from the second and third floors. Great hospitality, great hosts, it made my stay in Salem so much more than I imagined! If I do end up visiting Salem again I'm definitely going to stay at Morning Glory ;)!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Hello Tatiana and many thanks for taking time to submit such a terrific review!! We truly enjoyed having you and your Mom stay with us for your recent visit to the Witch City! Thanks Tatiana for your wonderful compliments on our homemade breakfasts - baked french toast with walnuts and blackberries, pancakes with fresh strawberries, blueberries, bananas and a butter maple syrup with walnuts, baked apple crisp with cranberries, oatmeal and coconut, and homemade baked bean with bacon, just to name a few. Please do come back to Salem and Morning Glory and visit with us again if you get the chance! Until then, we send you both our very best!!

Bob & Marcel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!