“not what we thought...”

Salem Willows Amusement Park
Ranked #22 of 83 things to do in Salem
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We walked a helluva long walk to get to the Salem Willows after being told it was about a 15 minute walk from our hotel (more like 30-45 min) and it was nice neighborhood kid enjoyment for the locals. We originally thought it was like this bigger amusement park (just our ideas in our heads) but when you get there you realize its just family fun like family fun used to be and should be, It was worth the walk in the end.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I admit I am bias here. My mother use to take me here when I was a little girl. They DO have the best popcorn on the planet and I am surprised it has not gone commercial. Really. They have the old tyme skeeball and got to see an 8 year old show me up...LOL The willow trees are beautiful and the carosel (sp?) is a piece of history. I will always love this place.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family and I go here a few times a year. There is a lot of young people that hang out there but there are times when you go here and there is like nobody there. I would take my son there almost anytime that he wants to go. The food done there is also pretty good. Depending on what you want to eat you won't have to spend a lot of money on food. You need to attend this place at least once in your life. There are some historical here. They kinda need to update the willows but overall it's really not that bad. If you do decide that you wanna go, the best time of the day to go is the afternoon. The kids that hang around there are usally sleeping in the afternoon.

1  Thank GeoffV171
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This place has an arcade from the 80's!! Mrs Pacman is waiting for you, right next to Asteroids and a line of pinball machines!!

1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great place for a summer evening. Lots for children to do, lots of food to choose from (typical food for an amusement park) and a few rides for kids. Beach access is for the harbor.

Been to Salem Willows Amusement Park? Share your experiences!