“Amazing!”

Paranormal Salem Investigation Tours
Ranked #16 of 33 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Paranormal Investigations in Salem, MA! Paranormal Salem is a research based paranormal society. We started investigations in Salem, MA to bring a greater understanding of the paranormal to the general public. Paranormal Salem is a hands-on, interactive paranormal investigative experience! Members of our paranormal society will take you on a 2-hour late night investigation to share Salem's haunted past and try to document spirit activity. On every investigation we train you to use equipment such as EMF Detectors, Pendulums, Thermal detectors and then let you do your own investigation under the supervision of your lead investigator. In addition to our late night investigations we also offer daytime and private investigations. We are open year round.We do not claim to always find activity, it is not up to us, but more times than not we do connect.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family of four took this tour on Saturday night with Kevin. We enjoyed it so much we booked a private tour for Sunday night! Kevin is very imformative and it is obvious that he loves what he does. It was a fabulous experience to be able to use paranormal equipment and conduct our own investigation. I highly highly recommend this experience to anyone who is visiting Salem.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My sister and I took this tour, Kevin was our guide he did a great job. We did interact with a young girl named B, and a woman named Ruth at the Firehouse on Church St. We also went into the basement, and there was a small opening at the bottom. There were 9 of us in the group aside from myself and my sister, 1 other person came in. I actually caught some ball like objects, I took the pictures because it was cold in the spot I took them in. I am going to post the rest of them on here soon. I did post two othr pictures with our tour guide, and the devices. Hope you can see the balls of energy! Thanks for the experience Kevin, I am a local and will be back when it's not raining real bad! Whether or not people believe, just keep an open mind! It truly was a great and fun night for my sister and I!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Thank you Kevin and Rocko! We had fun especially the birthday boy! Very interesting and definitely worth the 2 hour ride. We will be going again when it gets warmer.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a very interesting experience. Our tour guide Kevin was informative and friendly. We went into the basement at the old firehouse at 30 Church Street and made contact with some spirits. One in particular, a 25 year old Russian woman, wanted to interact with us. We all saw the figure of someone sitting on the steps watching us and when Kevin asked the spirit to please stand, it did! We also went to the old Lyceum restaurant where we were able to "speak" with more spirits. Kevin had the equipment necessary to contact the ghosts and was very knowledgeable on how to use it, and we were all able to have a hands-on experience. I would like to go again when it wasn't SO cold out. This is an entertaining way to spend an evening and I would recommend you go when the weather is warmer.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was the worst experience I've ever had that didn't include a dentist forgetting to give me Novocain before a root canal.
The girl running our tour was so bad it was almost funny - almost. She handed out a couple of heat sensor guns, two sensors the detect spiritual activity (that only turned red when walking by a street light) a couple of small chains with stones on the end that swing in circles because your hand is shaking from the anger you're feeling from being ripped-off for $20. Oh, and my friend had the only pair dowsing rods, of that worked perfectly everytime he walked over the sewer system. I can't say how great it was to be at the second oldest graveyard in the country to look for activity - from outside the fence??? And as our guide informed us (when she wasn't on her cell phone) that one of the other haunted house (again observed only from the outside) had sightings of activity, but is most likely just a reflection from a street light. I can go on and on about how bad this is, but it would take too long. Plain and simple - DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS RIP-OFF.
- in closing, they say no more than 12 people per tour... 24 people in ours.

2  Thank Kevbar13
Kimberly B, Owner at Paranormal Salem Investigation Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

This response is for anyone reading this review before deciding to purchase tickets...

Please read the description of our tour so you understand what you're purchasing. If learning about ghost hunting equipment (ie: K2 meters, Mel Meters, E-pods, Infrared thermometers, dowsing rods, pendulums, etc) is not something you're interested in, don't purchase tickets to our tour. There are plenty of tours in town that talk more about the history of Salem. There is even a few daytime cemetery tours out there. (Due to city ordinance we are not able to go inside the cemetery after dusk. We don't want to accidentally ruin such old headstones while tramping around in the dark.) There are also historical home tours that are run by the Peabody Essex Museum. Our tour is an outdoor investigation with the exception of entering the old firehouse building, where our office is located, at the end of the tour.

And now specifically for the reviewer....

Our tours have a maximum of 20 people. (Other tours in town have a maximum of 50 people) Your tour happened to have 21 that night, so we did have 1 person more than I would like. The 12 person minimum is for our GH101 that is weekends during our off-season. Again, please read what you're purchasing.

And your tour guide was on her cell phone because she was answering calls forwarded from our office number from a couple people who were lost and couldn't find the Witch Trials Memorial before the tour started.

Again, if paranormal investigation isn't your cup of tea, there are many other tours in Salem that might be a better fit for you.