“Not too shabby!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not too shabby!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We brought our 5th wheel to Winter Island RV park and stayed in Site No. 55. The surrounding grounds are beautiful. Short walk to Waikiki Beach, beautiful harbor view, bathrooms are clean. Site 55 is in the field kind of off by itself. The other RVers were all in a big huddled group and I really enjoyed our 'private' spot. No sewer hookup but the dump station is on the property next door and very easy in/easy out.

Two complaints: the young girl working in the office was absolutely miserable and it reflected in her attitude towards any questions we had for the facility. Second complaint is the amount of broken glass and fishing hooks, debris, etc that is hiding in the grass almost everywhere we walked. We probably wouldn't have noticed it except we have two 4-month-old puppies who put everything in their mouths and they kept picking up all the 'shiny' things (glass, metal, bottle caps). If you use the park as your home base for Salem activities and the beach, etc, I would recommend this place. If you're looking to camp in a luxury state park, pass on this one.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LSte606

Oak Park, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Trip here was ruined by teenaged runners.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a very pretty spot but when I went during the week in October, some high school running club was having a race throughout the ENTIRE park. There was nowhere I could go where I was not in danger of being trampled by the teens, or yelled out to get out of the way by their cheering crew. After about 20 minutes of wandering around looking for a place to sit and enjoy the view, I got back in my car and drove out of the park. Luckily, after explaining what had happened, I was able to get my entry fee back.

Visited October 2012
Troy, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“House Tour”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We did the Christmas in Salem house toour of the WILLOWS are...so nice & worth the $30.00. Stunning historical homes.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Upstatekl
Marblehead
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice memorys”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great location for a picnic or overnight camping.
Former Coast Guard Station that I remember watching the seaplanes take off from many years ago. Buildings fell into disrepair but I understand that the City Of Salem is planning to renovate some of them for recreational use.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank gitter assoc
Ocean City, NJ
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't waste time”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Do not camp here. Only few sites and others were on a parking lot. There are plenty of other beaches to visit a lot prettier.

Visited August 2012